valmet shotguns

mobties

Hi as a newbie to this forum ill make my first question as straight forward as i can :yp:

I have the chance to buy a valmet fixed choke o/u at a reasonable cost,do any of you have any experience of these shottys and if so are there any reliability issues i should know about???

TIA.....Richard

• 3 weeks later...

i have to disagree with the comment ,A poorly fitting gun will hurt, and a heavier gun will absorb much of the recoil. you have forgotten this shooter is new,there is no need to put off shooters by letting them shoot heavy/oversize loads,proving to me that the person instructing or "helping"is not that good, i would start any new shooter off with a lighter loads,powder and shot,not all shooters can afford to have the "perfect fitting gun" but can adapt well after practice, having shot a considerable amount(approx 50,000 + per year ) from both my left and right shoulder i feel i can coment on this with athourity,, good shooting martin

Read the previous posts again - heavy or oversize loads were never mentioned anywhere. I suggest you read the posts fully before you start to criticise. I am quite aware that this shooter is new.

:<

It is a well known fact that if the gun stock is too short for the individual, it will be uncomfortable when shooting. You do not have to get a gun "fitted", just make sure the stock is of a suitable length.

It is also an acknowledged fact that if shooting the same load through each, a heavier gun will kick less than a lighter one.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

Ok guys ,i bought the Valmet,excellent gun,very robust and well made,only problem is the stock was a little bit too short for me so i let the wife try it....she loves it fits her like a glove and she has become a very good shot at the clays.Best £300 i ever spent as now its her who pesters me to go out shooting more often

Thanks for all the replies

Richard

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a valmet as my first gun and it was second hand and served me well for 10+ year it had very short barrels 24 1/2" and was brilent on bolting rabbits and in a hide, it was a non ejecter to, but if u are going to get one just be carfull that the over the barrel locking mecnisum is not lose and dont pay to much money for it ether it will make a grate first time gun

Firefox