Computer problem.

VicW

I recently changed my computer for a new one that runs Windows 11. I re-loaded Gmail and now have a problem. In Gmail the Contacts list normally has at the bottom the word 'Insert' , this is not present. Got any sensible ideas?

Vic.

Well it can't be Windows 11 at fault because Gmail is running inside a web browser - so the underlying OS (Win 11) is not exposed.

If you want to write an email in Gmail - select Compose, in the 'To' box type the 1st letter of the contact name and that automatically loads the contact list...

Does that help?

Rs

John

I can open Gmail no problem, I can select the contact I want from the contacts list but this where the problem starts. On the old computer you could scroll down to the bottom of the contacts list and there was a command word 'Insert' which you clicked on and the selected address was entered in the mail. On this computer there is no word 'Insert' to select'.

Vic'

Understood Vic.

Google changes stuff all the time, you'll need to do it this way now:

If you want to write an email in Gmail - select Compose, in the 'To' box type the 1st letter of the contact name and that automatically loads the contact list...