Foxing Rifle research>>>>my favorite so far

Rossenarra

On my quest for a new (and first) foxing rifle I searched through a significant amount of material on the two forums, this one and an Irish one (boards.ie). I reckon that if someone had to sit me down and get an answer from me now, I would now be siding with the Remington 700 VS SF II. My local gun dealer suggested SPS, just as well I looked and asked around!!!!

Reason why, a lot of happy owners and good comments (re ammo, accuracy, long lasting, simple set up), checked shooting magazine and was in the top 5 centrefires, number 2.

Maybe pople will not agree with me…but I reckon one can’t go wrong

Can't fault your choice of the Rem 700 VSSF, for an entry level rifle they are excellent.

I definitely think you should stay away from the SPS, nothing wrong with the action/barrel etc, but the stocks are rubbish.

The SPS however is a good low cost starting point if you're thinking of adding custom stock like I did.

What calibre are you going for?

Can't fault your choice of the Rem 700 VSSF, for an entry level rifle they are excellent.

I definitely think you should stay away from the SPS, nothing wrong with the action/barrel etc, but the stocks are rubbish.

The SPS however is a good low cost starting point if you're thinking of adding custom stock like I did.

What calibre are you going for?

I reckon .223