Young mallard

Seen a flock of 7 young mallard on the wing Monday evening,  and again yesterday evening. I think i they are same flock I seen back early april , when they weren't long hatched. Great to see them well on. On same wee lake there is another flock I seen last week 8 or 9 in it, they were only a week or 2 old. Anyone seeing young duck on the wing yet? They have alot of predators from when they still in the egg to flying stage.  But the mallard is a great mother, she'll do her very best to rear them , keep them safe. 

7 hours ago, Krico woodcock said:

Seen a flock of 7 young mallard on the wing Monday evening,  and again yesterday evening. I think i they are same flock I seen back early april , when they weren't long hatched. Great to see them well on. On same wee lake there is another flock I seen last week 8 or 9 in it, they were only a week or 2 old. Anyone seeing young duck on the wing yet? They have alot of predators from when they still in the egg to flying stage.  But the mallard is a great mother, she'll do her very best to rear them , keep them safe. 

Ours have bred really really well this year - with a lot of help

Duck tubes - meal worms - chick food - predator control

Literally have hundreds - very very happy