The Pinfire Shotgun

Feltwad

There can be no doubt that the pinfire  breech opening shotgun was the birth of the centre fire  hammer shotgun we know today , after a short period  for English gun making approximately  30 years it became more for the centre fire breech loader  which saw many converted to centre fire also a lot of different pinfire  opening patents were used on the centre fire . Pinfires were still made  by the continental makers with 16 bore  the most common  for many decades and were still made in the   middle of the 1900,s

Some of the many pinfire  opening patents that were used for centre fire breech loaders were th Joan's underlever, Needhams side lever, Erskines slide and tilt opener, Jefferies side opening barrels  and many more , enclosed are some images of these 

Feltwad 

100_3044.JPG.2761b6f7b9d3d2c79bf8630b98a103a4.JPGP1010024.JPG.c8fe76dc0ec21cd2e69507bc4e55c6ff.JPGP1010017.JPG.46c014f21d131c470661d9c1cb18ef85.JPGP1010020.JPG.bc4b2e938c94343a1b1bc6762a42e70c.JPG

Very nice!

Incidentally, if anyone wished to use their pinfire shotguns (obvs if they are safe to shoot) a friend of mine in the trade makes primed pin fire cases. I say primed as in they're live but you would have to load them. He may load some for you. Anyone interested then DM me for his details.