Amazing shot!

mack

I was out in the field last night shooting rabbits with my air rifle. I spotted a rabbit and wasnt quite sure whether it was at 30 or 35 yds. I erred on the side of caution and aimed at zero so if my range estimation was wrong the pellet would miss high which would be acceptable. The pellet did indeed miss high but in the scope I saw another rabbit further on jump into the air and land stone dead! The original rabbit simply pricked its ears so I was able to work the bolt on my Rapid12 MK2 and take that out as well. Anyone who knows how accurate you have to be with an air rifle to make an instant kill will appreciate how bizarre this incident was!

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Mack

I had a similar shot but using a 12 bore. I was walking a lane where rabbits were known to be. I had marked a very small one next to the hedge at about 30 yds. I waited in the hope of a larger one to appear, sure enough it did. I raised the gun and fired at the larger rabbit, just as the round went off a smaller rabbit ran into the shot pattern, both went down. I swung through for the rabbit next to the hedge and fired the second barrel and it went down. On collecting the rabbits I discovered three other small rabbits in the side of the hedge that had been caught with the second barrel making a total kill of 6 rabbits with two cartridges.

This did wonders for my cartridge to kill ratio.

Regards

Rimfire