belt or bag ?

Cranfield

Many years ago I used cartridge belts,but got fed up with some cartridges falling out everytime I bent over.

I even tried the metal clip belts, but couldn,t get the cartridges out in a hurry.

I then switched to a cartridge bag, which was great for driven shooting or shooting standing up.

Not so good for trying to get cartridges out when you are sitting down.

Also it feels a bit bulky around my waist (which is also a bit bulky).

Am I missing out on some new cartridge belt technology?

What do you use ?

Hiya Cranfield

I have a cartridge belt which is part canvas & part leather, the cartridges seem to stay in tight at the moment. The only disadvantage that I've found with it is that it does'nt add much to the camo effect , as the tops of the cartridges really stand out. Being too tight to shell out on a proper cartridge bag, I bought a gas mask bags from the Army Surplus Store. Their just the job for me, dark green & only £3.50 each.

I use both the Bag and the belt but when I go decoying I have a seat with a LARGE bag on the side wich you can hold everything in if you want but I usually fill it or part fill it with cartridges. It was only ten quid from Argos but its comfortable and does the job fine. It also has a shoulder strap for easy carrying as well

See you dont have to go to expensive shooting shops for the equipment you need