Brought Second hand BSA Scorpion (Fantastic)

clubb699

Hi all,

Well change of plan to the BSA Ultra i was going to buy, while surfing another forum i managed to pick up a BSA Scopion 1.77, BSA bag, Hawk 2.5-10 40 Scope, 300Lt air bottle brand new and connectors, 4 tubs of 500 pellets different shapes rounded etc for £380 :stupid: All in mint condiction

I just purchased a Weihrauch Silencer for £35 so im a happy lad, ive now ready to rock and roll me and a friend went over me mates field for some practices shots and managed to hit a small plant pot while standing at about 20 meters about 4 out of 7 shots (windy and not fired a air gun for 15 years lol).

I am new to the scopes so not sure what ***** do what i think its slightly to low but not to sure how to set it up really any surgestions please would be kindly appricated, also the air rifle is running at 10.2 Lb is it worth increasing this more to the 12Lb limit or not. What a great gun though so glad i brought this.

Thanks all

Ps Im hooked :lol:

Hi Clubb

What a great afternoon shooting we had i really cant wait to get my gun, After shooting your Scorpion i think the Ultra has gone out the window for me its scorpion all the way, i like the feel of the rifle and (This may sound stupid) It feels more "Manly" :lol:, this is my first time i have properly fired a good air rifle and i loved it, we were getting around a 1.5 inch spread not bad for first timers :stupid:

See you tomorrow for more of the same...

NitroUK

If you want more ft lbs get some heavier pellets, I wouldn`t advise tampering with the power unless you know exactly what your doing, better still get it done by BSA.

The turrets on the scope should tell you what they`re for, the one on the top should be for elevation the one on the side will be for windage. You`d be best off zeroing when there is very little wind or doing it in a sheltered place.

If you want more ft lbs get some heavier pellets, I wouldn`t advise tampering with the power unless you know exactly what your doing, better still get it done by BSA.

The turrets on the scope should tell you what they`re for, the one on the top should be for elevation the one on the side will be for windage. You`d be best off zeroing when there is very little wind or doing it in a sheltered place.

Ok will have a good settup day in good weather, thanks for the tips any idea of what weight pellet i could try then does that really change the poundage of the rifle then :stupid:

I was given 4 boxes of pellets some rounded, one that was dug out at tip one box was rounded and weighed 7.9

Cheers

Hi all,

Well change of plan to the BSA Ultra i was going to buy, while surfing another forum i managed to pick up a BSA Scopion 1.77, BSA bag, Hawk 2.5-10 40 Scope, 300Lt air bottle brand new and connectors, 4 tubs of 500 pellets different shapes rounded etc for ?380 :stupid: All in mint condiction

I just purchased a Weihrauch Silencer for £35 so im a happy lad, ive now ready to rock and roll me and a friend went over me mates field for some practices shots and managed to hit a small plant pot while standing at about 20 meters about 4 out of 7 shots (windy and not fired a air gun for 15 years lol).

I am new to the scopes so not sure what ***** do what i think its slightly to low but not to sure how to set it up really any surgestions please would be kindly appricated, also the air rifle is running at 10.2 Lb is it worth increasing this more to the 12Lb limit or not. What a great gun though so glad i brought this.

Thanks all

Ps Im hooked ???

I'd be a happy lad paying 380 for all that gear too, nice one :lol:

My advice would be to defo take it to the gun shop and have the power lifted up a touch as it sounds a little low if the rifle was fully charged when tested, as you have 12ftlb to play with you may as well get the rifle throwing out pellets close to it.

They will advise you whats best but find a pellet that suits the rifle and have the power adjusted to just under the limit.

Happy shooting ???

alright, i have a bsa scorpion and it is my 3rd pnewmatic airgun, best gun i have had and i have had it for a year now. Great for all game especially wabbits the furthest i have killed a rabbit is 60 odd yds and killed it clean out right, dont tune it up unless you are a gunsmith or know exactly what you are doing, i dont think you can tune it up anyway :stupid:

GM

Hi all,

Would like to know bit more about the pellets really, is this correct that some pellets will raise the Poundage up then, if so Could it be the bloke that tested the gun today used pellets that showed 10.2 but i could use some of mine and retested the gun i could get say 11 or even 12lbs :stupid:

Hi all,

Would like to know bit more about the pellets really, is this correct that some pellets will raise the Poundage up then, if so Could it be the bloke that tested the gun today used pellets that showed 10.2 but i could use some of mine and retested the gun i could get say 11 or even 12lbs :blink:

Pretty much yes, some pellets will push the power up and sometimes over the limit.

Get the rifle tested and adjusted to the pellets that are most accurate in the rifle and ones you like to use.

Hi all update,

Had an hour with me new girlfiend this morning tunned her great ( ok im on about the Scorpion :good: ) I set a paper target 20 meters away rested the gun on weelie bin packed with towels so gun hardly moved, worked a treat i started shooting with gun being about 3 dots out on scope after altering the scope managed to get shots to hit a 2p size target from center :blink:

They pellets were sinking a inch into a compacked towel wow the air rifles are super nowadays :blink:

I highly Recommend the scorpion

Hi all

Well just would like to know what you BSA Scoprion users are using best for this Airgun to pop them lovely bunnies etc

I have tried some Mosquito express/ Diablo Baracuda Extra heavy in my back garden, At 19 yards im penatrating halfway into a yellow pages book but still waiting for the weekend to give some of the other brands a go at a further distance, while Weihrauch and super H point pellets came about 1/4 into the yellow pages.

Is this far anough into the yellow pages with (Mosquito express) or has anyone got them deeper, maybe a competiton could be started here :lol:

Not sure if the gun needs tweaking or not

Cheers lads

Been in the garden had another practice, used my Rabbit paper targets shot 25 and all 25 hit the taget some were body shots. No word of a lie the first shot was just above the eye think it was beginers luck :look:

The distance was 20 Yards would all of these shots took out the rabbit or do they have to be head shots :blush:

Enjoy

2007_1210sophie0012.jpg

Been in the garden had another practice, used my Rabbit paper targets shot 25 and all 25 hit the taget some were body shots. No word of a lie the first shot was just above the eye think it was beginers luck <_<

The distance was 20 Yards would all of these shots took out the rabbit or do they have to be head shots :good:

Enjoy

2007_1210sophie0012.jpg

no body shots . all head shots with a rabbit :big_boss:

Lew