What is that all about ?

Guest The Outlaw

Guest The Outlaw

This morning Calam, Browningboy, Annie Oakley and me all trundled off to Sywell or Northhampton SG for a round of what

Brownringboy called 100 Sporting reg, which was what was on thier fixture list.

It turned out to be "World Sporting" :blush:.

However the first stand we got to had a plaque saying 1 o/r 2, 2 or/3, 3 sim 1, 2 sim 3.

In the wind we had, we started to shoot at Excocette clays, every target except the rabbit was min 35 yrds away up to

55-60 yrds away.

By the time your shot got to where you thought the clay was going the wind pushed it up, down, back, everywhere except

where you shot.

I was top gun in our group of 4 with 50/100, which on seeing the first few stands I said it would be going some for us to

get 50%, next was Brownringboy, then Calamity Jane, and then Annie Oakley.

Calamity brought the wrong shells so had to use 28 gram and moaned for the first 3 stands, then her shoulder went numb.

It was peaceful apart from the howling wind and the sighs of misery from all the misses.

And when Annie Oakley got to her 98th target her semi auto 20 bore blew to bits after a few missfires and jams through the

shoot.

The bonus was we got free membership to an organisation that we have never heard of and never want to again.

Another day would be great but they dont shoot it in the summer apparently.

Not moaning but it was a demoralising day for the less experienced shooters,Annie and Calam.

Even though I have been shooting 4 3/4 years the same as Calam.

We lived to shoot another day, but its not for us.

Tony

It looks as though it's like English Sporting but with 3 traps, so you can vary the birds and add a bit of mystery. :blush::good::lol:

In other words, Sporting for ******* :blush:

"World Sporting

World Sporting is an affordable cross between Fitasc and English

Sporting. Using up to 3 traps per stand, and shooting sequences

from the traps available in a similar way to compak sporting. On

a 100 target shoot between 10 and 13 stands will be used.

This system offers the clay shooter a far more realistic and varied

representation of targets as in Fitasc but at about half the cost and

can be shot in the same time frame as normal English Sporting.

The main difference from standard English Sporting being the ability

to shoot reversed sequence report pairs and the ability to select the best simultaneous pair/s on a three trap layout. This creates a more

realistic sporting shoot as you rarely shoot the same target or sequence twice.

Backed up with the unique handicap pro system World Sporting Clay

Pigeon Shooting offers the shooter a fairer chance of competing at

their level and rewards those that improve or maintain their standard of shooting.

Full details can be found on the main site World Sporting Clay Shooting"

Have a look here http://www.*******************/index.php all you need to know (or not as the case may be)

The big shots love it, I believe if you're a series winner there's 2K up for grabs and they pay to 10th place. It's a little bit like shooting John Bidwell's super sporting so I've heard. You can see it has a big following and it's not just the big boys that shoot it regularly either. There's plenty of B and C Class names in the results lists.

Well done Tony on 50, in those weather conditions thats great. ;)

Guest The Outlaw

Thanks for that Jonesy.

If we had known it was that sort of shoot we would have left the novice lady at home or shot a round or two of skeet instead.

I will shoot it again but I would be better prepared for it ;)

Tony

Guest The Outlaw
it was a laugh (it was laugh or cry ;-) but the wind got behind some birds and made them impossible. gusty conditions also meant that you had no idea what was going to happen for many birds. All in all wasn't too upset with a 44/100 for a first time out, would do it again for the crack ;)

Hello mate did you notice that for your idea of doing "that shoot" Calam forced to rename you temporarily :lol:

Yes I would do it again for the crack, but now I have read up on it, it seems quite good with the handicapping and stuff.

Tony

Guest The Outlaw
I'd noted the new name, I blamed you rather than Calam though :lol:

The fusion might be back by next week end, Colin seemed to think the only issue was parts availability; hope so ;)

Result, if you have any probs I have a selection for Annie to choose from for loan if needs be.

Tony

Thanks for that Jonesy.

If we had known it was that sort of shoot we would have left the novice lady at home or shot a round or two of skeet instead.

I will shoot it again but I would be better prepared for it :lol:

Tony

First of all well done all for braving the weather on Sunday !! :lol: From all accounts the shoot at Northants was set tough, and the weather just added to it, 81 winning with no handicap added !! I've never seen that before. Your scores do not look too bad taking everything into account, you will all have handicaps of 30 and only have to shoot 60 ex 100 next time to be in the money - slip in a cheeky 70-75 and you could be winning decent dosh !! When your handicaps are more realistic (forget Sunday) you will find you can fairly shoot against each and of cause win money if you shoot above it. Newbold (the home of Woldsporting) is on this Sunday, a fantastic ground in natural surroundings, 12 stands which will be set correctly, give a blast i'm sure you will be hooked once you forget the boring cpsa reg comps that most are familiar with - as you said its free membership not £50 odd quid which i now refuse to pay !! :lol:

The Claw

Guest The Outlaw

Thank you for your comments Claw and Welcome to the forum :lol:

Browningboy and I will probably shoot it again, but I can only speak for Calamity by saying she is not ready for that sort of thing yet.

On reflection it was fun but very tricky.

Tony