FAC paperwork

stuey

Evening,

Just filling in my FAC application form and have a few questions. Applying for the following -

6.5 x 55 for Deer shooting and also to be used separately for fox shooting.ove

mod for above

.17HMR for long range vermin and foxes (not sure if foxes are classed as vermin by my covering police force).

mod for above

.22CF for vermin.

mod for above

Any opinions on the wording?

Also questions 20 and 21. How many bullets would people ask for to buy and hold and how do i word it for expanding ammunition?

Any help appreciated.

regards

Stu

Evening,

Just filling in my FAC application form and have a few questions. Applying for the following -

6.5 x 55 for Deer shooting and also to be used separately for fox shooting.ove

mod for above

.17HMR for long range vermin and foxes (not sure if foxes are classed as vermin by my covering police force).

mod for above

.22CF for vermin.

mod for above

Any opinions on the wording?

Also questions 20 and 21. How many bullets would people ask for to buy and hold and how do i word it for expanding ammunition?

Any help appreciated.

regards

Stu

Dont use the word Vermin.

Ask for Pest Control and Sporting Purposes as that covers 99% of all quarry

6.5 x 55 for Deer shooting and also to be used separately for fox shooting.

mod for above

.17HMR for long range pest control and sporting purposes. Would this cover me for foxes?

mod for above

.22CF for pest control and sporting purposes.

mod for above

Hows that?

Stu

6.5 x 55 for Deer shooting and also to be used separately for fox shooting.

mod for above

.17HMR for long range pest control and sporting purposes. Would this cover me for foxes?

mod for above

.22RF for pest control and sporting purposes.

mod for above

Sorry, that should have read 22 Rimfire!!!

Can anyone advise as to word the expanding ammo in q20/21?

regards

stu

I now have Pest Control and Sporting Purposes as the condition for ALL my rifles (from 204 -325) and although there is also Deer add for some it wasn't intentional. The police have agreed (in writing) that those words will encompass everything from Coypu to Seals and Big Cats to Wallabies as well as all the mundane quarry in between such as Fox, Deer and Rabbit. It always seems better to me to have the least wording possible so avoiding problems with what is and what isn't covered - otherwise the list could go on for 2 or 3 sheets.

I am happy and so are the Police so maybe you and your Constabulary can be equally satisfied with the simplest of conditions but with the widest sphere of tolerance.

Northumbria just note that expanding amunition can be used or words to that effect i didnt have to ask for them it was just on when it came back. hope this helps but a quick call to your local firearms licensing office would be a good idea ,they are very helpfull at times

You need the words "The certificate holder may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, in the calibres authorised by this certificate and use in connection with . . . .." as a condition.

But if you are applying for a gun to shoot animals as opposed to targets that should all be a given.

Well, paperwork goes off tomorrow so thanks to everyone who poiinted me in the right direction. Fingers crossed.

regards

Stu

stuey mate, just read your stuff police dont like .22 or .17hmr as a foxing weapon, centre fire is only permitted now i believe, sorry its late,

I put 'vermin destruction' on mine for the .22CF and the .22LR and D&C seemed happy enough. They also weren't specific about species on the conditions, just referring to 'animals'.

They were also happy to put '.22 centrefire' on what I might acquire, on the grounds that I hadn't made my mindd up between .223 and 22-250. In fact, it was the Field Officer who suggested I had a .22CF as well, as at first I was just applying for .22RF, .243 and .308.