SMK rifles

welshy

To be fair to them, for £35 you're unlikely to find anything better in the new range. What would your budget be if pushed? If you can manage £100 or a bit more you may find a tatty example of something worth having. What do you want to shoot with it?

A mate of mine had a SMK B2 .177 that we shot coke cans with, and it was great for the job out to about 25 yards. The trouble is, with the gun I have now I can hit a 1p coin every time at 25 yards. You get what you pay for, so it really depends how much you're willing to spend (although it doesn't have to cost a fortune to get something reasonable).

Best review on SMK I have ever read, was posted by the Honourable member for Burgess Hill :angry:

Good point, the SMK has the added bonus of being able to dismantle itself after you have become disillusioned with it, thus making it easier to burn.

With a bit of fettling however you are able to get it to land within a 6' radius of the zero point each time you lob it at a rabbit. This is infact more accurate than actually shooting it. As another option, increasing it's versatility is that you can gaffa tape a kitchen knife to the end of it whilst your grandad shouts "They don't like it up 'em Mr. Mainwairing". Perfect for those Winter evening shenanigans when daylight is at a premium.