scopes on the bay

dickybird

NEVER NEVER NEVER buy new scopes on Ebay. Chances are you'll get a Chinese-made fake. If not, it will most likely be a grey import which you will find has to be returned to the Czech Republic or Outer Mongolia or somewhere for service. If you're getting a decent scope you'll be using it for ten years or more - it's worth the extra to get a good one from a UK supplier.

Yes I agree, I purchased a Tasco?? 3X9X50 scope earlier this year from China! and I can say hand on my heart optically it seems as good as a Nikon Monarch scope that cost me £360.00. it is sharp to the edges ,(no bluring) considering it cost me less than £30.00 it makes you wonder what you are paying for with these megabuck scopes, other than a ten year G,tee. :lol:

What about dealing with a company on flea-bay with nearly 100% positive feedback on over a 1000 business transactions .With rip off britain I'm tempted :lol:

Make sure to find out about their returns policy etc etc etc, in other words trawl the fine print incase it goes wrong. Wouldn't do it myself with an expensive buy all the same.

don,t think anyone is making fake smk scopes, thay are budget to start with, if you want a cheap cheap budget scope they are as good as any other.
b

in auction they go for about £25 thats including postage :lol:

Why not just get a bit of tube from the middle of a bog roll, and stick a couple of nails through it for a reticle, and sellotape it to your rifle? Even cheaper.