rifle cleaning

dph

ive just baught myself two new rifles, a CZ527 in 223 and a savage arms in 17hmr and i suppose i will put more shots through the 17hmr on average. so i am wondering how often i should clean the barrels out, is their a number of rounds i should fire before cleaning or do i clean after every new box of shells ?.

Your quite likely right, but I don't understand your gripe (which only seems to have come about today) :lol: I know we have differing opinons on Tikka's but I'm fine with that, we'll all entitled to our opinons aren't we :lol: I really enjoy reading your posts and respect you as a very knowledgable PW member - on all issues - but I don't understand today's (for want of a better word) mild attack. :lol:

Edit - forgot to say, apologies if I have offended in anything I have written, I never intend to do so on any of my posts, on any forums :lol:

Edited by Oly

Apologies Oly had a bad night last night and you got the short end of it :lol:

I really enjoy reading your posts and respect you as a very knowledgable PW member

Don't no about that :rolleyes:

Ps, if you can get a day off later this week i will take you pigeon shooting as way of an apologie .

Pm, me <_<

No worries (Magman & dph). Thanks for the offer Magman but I'm flat out this week (what with starting a new post last Monday and a massive backlog of work to get through!). Besides, there's no need to apologise, I've done it on here myself...it happens - better me than the wife/kids!! :)