Pinewood advantage

Teal

I was just wondering how stable this piece of kit when you "screw" it into the ground. I would have thought on ploughed land it may not be very stable at all (but of course this is often not when the rotary is even required so I guess it is not too serious).

I know a few of you have it, do you find it very stable, how much do you tend to "screw" it into the ground?

Cheers :lol:

Hi Teal!

I have got a pinewood and works fine for me.On occasions it has been a bit unstable but it continued working for hours without a problem.If the soil is soft just put it in a bit deeper.I use it a lot and I think its an excellent piece of kit.

I agree... I have one and I just screw it in to the required depth depending on the ground conditions and how windy it is.

One thing to bear in bind with anything revolving is to ensure that the arms are balanced and of the same length/angle. This is important because otherwise centrifugal force will tend to work away at the fixing pole over the course of a few hours use and loosen the hold.

Make sure that the birds you put on each arm are roughly the same weight and adjust the angle of the arms with the screw adjuster so that they are equal and that both birds are revolving at the same speed. In my opinion the Pinewood is the best magnet available is compact and reasonably lightweight.

FM.

• 3 weeks later...