Game Bore steel shot

Deano36

Um not sure, I put 50 rounds of gamebore #9 24g steel through a friends berretta with no ill effects.

From what I have read most people agree that steel through less than 1/2 choke is fine for most shotguns.

I thought unless you had the fleur de lys stamp the gun was not steel proofed,my shadow certainly wont be meeting any of it :good:

Um not sure, I put 50 rounds of gamebore #9 24g steel through a friends berretta with no ill effects.

From what I have read most people agree that steel through less than 1/2 choke is fine for most shotguns.

Hi Deano36

I have shot Express 32 gram 4 shot for many years through a Nikko skeet shotgun with no ill effects whatsoever.I may add that as a non toxic load on wildfowl I find them very effective.When the need for using non toxic arose I decided that steel was the only price acceptable option. This was the scenario I could buy 1000 bismuth at £1300 as they were then or I could buy a new cheaper range shotgun (ie a Lamber) and 1000 express steel at £160.As yuo can see I shot the 1000 steel chukked away the lamber(I joke) and was still a long way in front ,as you can nothing wrong with steel if you use open chokes