BSA Superten

nilly71

Hi Guys

I have finally got a gun :) .22 BSA Superten :lol: well it should be here by about Wednesday.

I know all guns are different, but has anyone got a Superten and what pellets do you use?

How many shots have you been getting out of a fill?

I will be using it for target and hunting so What scope would you use?

Thanks

Neil

Acupells give me the best grouping with my superten.

Test different brands of pellet, cheaper ones are not consistent you might be supprised at the difference between them.

I also use a pellet lube,It does make a difference, my groupings with this are 10mm at 40 yards and 25mm without lube at 40 yards.

I have two bottles a small one in steel that gives 250 shots and a 400cc aluminium one that gives 350, but I always lose count of the number of shots and change bottles regularly. :):lol:

Nilly,

Keep it simple until you have some experience.

Use a fixed mag scope something like a 6 x 42 Hawk or Opti-mate They are good quality scopes and wont cost the earth. Practice with them at various ranges and when you become proficient in 6 months or so you can always uprate to a variable mag or even a rangefinder.

Buy the best pellets you can afford and stick with them. I have been shooting seriously with air rifles for over 25 years and found in that time that Accupel are the most consistant mass produced pellet for target shooting or hunting. Dont get to wound up with gimmicky bolt ons or add ons or lubes & stuff they are just designed to releive you of your hard earned cash.

Enjoy your gun the Super 10 is a fine tool

FM.

Neil the 6 mag scope will be fine for targets...After all you are only going to be shooting at a range of 35-40 m perhaps less for a target.

I have 5 variable power telescopic scopes of different makes and value but very rarely use more than 6 mag on any of them.

Its all very well having 15 + magnification but bear in mind that at that power every little shake will be accentuated through the scope and when you centre the cross hair on a live target even your elevated heartbeat caused by the adrenalin surge will be transfered through the stock.!

FM

I tried my new BSA Superten out today at the shooting range.

What a superb gun.

FM, I took your advice and got a 6x 56 scope, got it s/h from the CLA Friday. Very pleased with it. I was hiting a 25mm circle at 30yds, a few missed but not bad considering how long i have not been shooting for. I tried a 24x out as well on someone elses gun but the slightest movement and it was all over the place, as a couple of you said it would.

Also tried the Accupel's some of you suggested, very good and no kick. Unlike the Logun penitrators i also tried. They were very good i hit the same pellet hole about three times but you could feel the difference a slight kick.

I found the two stage trigger good, Pull it slightly and you can feel a click then adjust your aim slightly a with a bit more pressure your there on your target.

I want to go over the range for a few more time before i go hunting. Will keep you posted on my first hunt. Thanks for everyones advice from this site.

If anyone is thinking of getting a BSA Superten i would recommend it.

I FM, I took your advice and got a 6x 56 scope, got it s/h from the CLA Friday. Very pleased with it. I was hiting a 25mm circle at 30yds, a few missed but not bad considering how long i have not been shooting for.

Nilly thats good enough mate.... ;)

The way I have been shooting lately I am lucky if I can hit a inch roundel at 3 yards let alone 30! :lol:

With the BSA Hornet. (Same valving and foating barrel as the S10) and Harris Bipod I can, on a good day, consistantly hit a 5 pence piece at 30 m that aint bad shooting for a non competition gun and a cheap chinese scope.

I am glad you are enjoying the gun. Good luck with the Hunting.

FM.