beneli m2

tazkb

well I got to give my new toy aka Benelli M2 a good work out today at the clay ground

where I bumped into a few of our fellow pw buddies :blink: so what can I say,

well it's nice and light very "pointy" and great with with my arthritis with very

moderate recoil which feels like a solid firm punch rather than the bouncy recoil I feel

from my bettensoli o/u. I think it would make a great rough shooting gun as it's light

weight means it would be easy to cary all day. I shot quite well today with it hitting approx

70% of my clays but need to play about with chokes to find my "ideal combination" due to

having a 26" barrel. All in all i'm very happy with the Benelli M2 i love the slightly millitary

tactical look (although i can understand some of the tut tut looks i got today) :blink:

and some people where kind of suprised when i managed to powder some difficult clays

caught on the wind that they couldn't manage with their rather expensive o/u :lol:

i'm kinda glad iv'e found some thing i like eventually and i think we will get on :blink:

well I got to give my new toy aka Benelli M2 a good work out today at the clay ground

where I bumped into a few of our fellow pw buddies :blink: so what can I say,

well it's nice and light very "pointy" and great with with my arthritis with very

moderate recoil which feels like a solid firm punch rather than the bouncy recoil I feel

from my bettensoli o/u. I think it would make a great rough shooting gun as it's light

weight means it would be easy to cary all day. I shot quite well today with it hitting approx

70% of my clays but need to play about with chokes to find my "ideal combination" due to

having a 26" barrel. All in all i'm very happy with the Benelli M2 i love the slightly millitary

tactical look (although i can understand some of the tut tut looks i got today) :blink:

and some people where kind of suprised when i managed to powder some difficult clays

caught on the wind that they couldn't manage with their rather expensive o/u :lol:

i'm kinda glad iv'e found some thing i like eventually and i think we will get on :lol:

I didn't realise that was you today, Taz, you should have announced yourself :lol:

The Yellow Bear mentioned that it was you about an hour later, he seemed to think I would have known it was you, the two-hat :lol: :lol:

I'll know you next time, so abandon hope :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shot like a *** today, I put tight chokes in my gun to try and force myself to make an effort at being accurate, because I'm getting lazy, using a shotgun like a blunderbuss and hoping the scatter effect finds the clay :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got 72/100 :blink:

the great bear was very secretive about his identity and guessed who i was by clever deduction

mind you after that great big breakfast he burried i'm not supprised he shot **** :blink:

which one where you then chard ? where you on the No2 stand when I was watching your group

shoot? we will be at the club again tomorrow if we can get a baby sitter so come over and introduce

yourself mate we don't bite (well i don't can't promise about the missus :blink: ) I don't know

why we can't have a get together I mean there is enough of us on here to throw a party i would have

thought :blink: maybe we can have a secret wave or handshake, i allways fancied being mason :lol:

mind you we are not very competative and we have only been clay shooting about 3-4 months but we

do like a laugh :lol:

the great bear was very secretive about his identity and guessed who i was by clever deduction

mind you after that great big breakfast he burried i'm not supprised he shot **** :blink:

which one where you then chard ? where you on the No2 stand when I was watching your group

shoot? we will be at the club again tomorrow if we can get a baby sitter so come over and introduce

yourself mate we don't bite (well i don't can't promise about the missus :blink: ) I don't know

why we can't have a get together I mean there is enough of us on here to throw a party i would have

thought :lol: maybe we can have a secret wave or handshake, i allways fancied being mason :lol:

mind you we are not very competative and we have only been clay shooting about 3-4 months but we

do like a laugh :lol:

I was the extremely handsome one in a green skeet vest and fat ******** combat pants :blink:

Yes that was us on stand 2. The other 2 guys don't come on here, or they just lurk, I'm not sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

We like a laugh, but there is a little twinge of competitiveness creeps in sometimes, between one or two of us. It's all unspoken, just the occasional blade between the ribs, you know how it is :lol:

Edited by Chard

sounds like a good bunch mate next time we see you will say hello

like i said we will be there tomorow so if you fancy it let me know

i will pm you my number :blink:

I only tend to do Saturdays, gets too expensive. I'm there every Saturday, unless there's a competion on at Catton Hall.

Members handicrap competition next Saturday, won't be missing that one, always good for a laugh. It's the sandbaggers day out :blink: :blink: :lol:

it's the 3" mate could never understand why people need 3 1/2" :oops:

if a 3" mag won't do the job your doing summat wrong

not everyone likes the millatary look but personally i love it :good:

You are obviously not a wildfowler then Tazkb........ The purpose of 3 1/2" guns is to give you a longer case enabling a greater payload with non-toxic shot such as steel. 3.5" mag's were unheard nor needed in the days of shooting lead as you could get more than enough in a 70 or 76mm case. Steel is so much lighter hence the need to have a longer cartridge to accomodate.

The 3.5" inch chamber's put a lot of the big bore guns out of business. I am told from my known contacts that a 12g 3 3/4" inch chamber is being developed for effectiveness in the states by the gun manufacturer's at the moment

A good mate of mine uses an M2 for fowling and swears by the 1/4 choke for everything and it's on the 26" barrel too. I had a shot of it on a roughshoot recently and was really impressed and it does handle well :good:

Up this neck of the woods a 3" chamber has you pretty well covered for all quarry!

yeah i know where your comming from i used to do some fowling in the days of lead

and allways managed fine with 3" never shot steel so i can't comment on it

the more i shoot the M2 the more i like it :good: i do like the stealthy look

but i now understand why you don't see them for sale very often s/h, i was a bit

worried the 26" barrel would hinder me on the clay ground but it has been fine and the

more i get used to it the better i shoot with it :P i can see a long and happy life for my M2

as long as i can keep the wifes mitts of it :oops:

Great looking gun there tazkb. I,m looking to get the same model or the berreta extrema in the next couple of weeks, I've done my home work on the Berretta and I used to have the 391, but I 've never handled the Beneli m2, If it handles as good as it looks then for me the m2 tips the scales, can I be cheeky and ask what it cost :good:

Edited by missedagainstan

i paid around £100 less than i should have for what is essentialy a brand new gun

£600 is what i paid but i would not sell it for that as the going rate for them like new

is around £700 mind you i have no intention of selling it because i love it to bits ;)