No luck on the rape but a small set-aside field.............

Si-Bore

It's weird trying to decoy the flocks over rape - they are not interested - not 1, but I tried a small set aside field beside my friends house and they were so easy to decoy!!! Nearly every bird that flew near came in to take a life-losing look at the decoys!! :good: The problem is I want to keep them off the rape and the farmer (my friend) is keen on that too (obviously) but they are not interested until all is quiet then they feed in massive flocks.

I am now torn between wanting to decoy all day on the small set aside crop having fun, or sitting, waiting for birds to fly high over my head not interested over the rape fields.

I am trying to keep the balance right as I don't want them to damage the crop but I want to be getting at least a few shots off in 3 hours. :rolleyes:

I know things will probably change as the weather does but are other people finding similar situations?

Cheers

Si

Try to keep the birds off the rape, which will please the farmer, but don't forget, every bird you shoot over the setaside is one less to eat his rape. :good:

My first rule of shooting is "go where the birds are".

I agree. If the birds aren't feeding on his rape I may as well be blasting somewhere else. :oops:

Cheers

Si