What Gun Is This?

Cosd

I inherited a 12g O/U shotgun from an uncle.

He bought the gun about 25 years ago for £250, he rarely goes shooting any more and when he does his shooting friend takes along a few guns; So my uncle gave this to me as he hasn't shot it in a few years.

The gun is in an OK order to look at, it had a small corner missing from the butt which I have repaired. The barrels (28") can do with re-blueing which I will do at some point. But apart from that it is excellent working order and doesn't miss a beat. It has double triggers.

Can anyone tell me anything about this gun as I can't find anything on the net no matter what I try on Google. I have no idea what choke the barrels are either.

The markings on the barrels are:

F CONTENTO - PRESCIA - Made In Taly

any pics bud

Have recently moved house and didn't want to put a safe in as I will be moving out for six months whist its being extended and all that; So the gun is at my uncles for now. When I get it next week I'll take a picture and post it...

Thanks

Hi There,

After reading your post, I've start researching a bit of history on the shotgun that you own.

What I found was quite interesting, I've called my contacts in Italy (the godfather) and manage to obtain some good leads, the internet search was not very helpfull but I found out why.

Your gun its not F. Contento Prescia but is Eugenio Contento Brescia and by luck I've found the old man that building your gun in Italy, I've phoned him and after a short chat, Eugenio Contento told me that your gun was imported by Millard Bros and made between 1960-1968.

Mr. Eugenio Contento was quite pleased to hear that one of his guns was still around and by the way he still in the business.

Hope this helps

Mark

Hi There,

After reading your post, I've start researching a bit of history on the shotgun that you own.

What I found was quite interesting, I've called my contacts in Italy (the godfather) and manage to obtain some good leads, the internet search was not very helpfull but I found out why.

Your gun its not F. Contento Prescia but is Eugenio Contento Brescia and by luck I've found the old man that building your gun in Italy, I've phoned him and after a short chat, Eugenio Contento told me that your gun was imported by Millard Bros and made between 1960-1968.

Mr. Eugenio Contento was quite pleased to hear that one of his guns was still around and by the way he still in the business.

Hope this helps

Mark

This is what is great about this forum :good:

Nice one Mark, that is above and beyond my friend :good:

Hi There,

Hope this helps

Mark

Wow Mark,

I think that definitely deserves a big thank you for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ???

I don't want to sound ungtrateful, but did you get any more info?

I just had a look on the net using the correct name, obviously the

scribes on the barrel are slightly worn, but everything is in Italian.

Does he speak English?

I'm trying to find out the quality of the gun? As I mentioned my uncle bought it about 25 years back for £250.

Was that a lot of money for a shottie then?

I would like to spend some money sprucing her up, it would be nice to know if it's worth it.

Hi,

When I spoked with Mr. Contento I asked about the tech. spec. of the gun, he said that he needed to see some photos and all the measurement of the gun.

We also talked about the value of the gun and yes he confirmid that in England the price was £200-250, there was a lot of taxes to pay each side (day light robberies), because the gun was imported from Italy and he said that at the time was a little complicated with Italian red tape and very costly.

The construction and quality of the gun was good, Mr. Contento described as midrange,All-Weather and a bit for everything.

Mr. Contento English it's good as my Japanese (none) all the converation was in Italian, if you have some photo it will be interesting to take a look and when I go back to Italy I will send them to Mr.Contento if you/he agree.

Cheers

Marco

I'm sending PM with my mobile number if you to have a chat about it.