airgun power

pete evans

have just chronoscoped my bsa superten with combro chronoscope (one of the ones that go on the end of the barrel with an elastic band). i have not touched the gun in any way but the power according to the chronoscope is 14 ft lbs. im asuming that im doing something wrong as bsa quality control is surely better than that. im using bisley super field pellets in .22 which i am programing in as 15.1 grains.

has anyone else had this problem? im going to try a different pellet brand to see if it makes any difference. anyone know the weight af a .22 accupel?

cheers

pete

Pete

I have herd (not sure if it was this forum or another) that S10's have a habbit of creeping up in power after a short time, it seems it's a common problem.

I have to get mine checked, I nocked over a tube, about the same size as a pringles tube but heavier, at around 70yrd's.

Or is 70yrd avarage for a S10? new to this, so not sure.

Let us know how you get on m8.

Neil

thanks neil

will re crono and if theres still a prob i'll take it back to were i bought it and get it checked and reduced. im not going to loose my shotgun cert for 2 ft lbs. i hope this isnt a wide spread problem or some poor ****** could get nicked for doing nothing more than not testing the power of a new rifle bought in good faith

pete

they are not **** imho, no good for springers or bullet guns but they have better than 1% accurracy on pcp's.

bet you cant take yours out when you go hunting, i will eventually buy a big chrono but for the money (if you can get one!) these are ammazing.

BTW i use 14.3gr for accupells as i know some one that weighed some and that was his average

Hi Folks,

Im a brand new member with my first :blink: post, so here goes:

I have a webley Xocet .22 and need to clean and service it. I'd like to get at the spring inside and have managed to take off the stock. But alas, i have no idea on what to do next or even if i have the right tools to start taking the mechanism apart. ;)

I would like to get to the spring to see what condition its in asi dont think its at its best tbh. I would welcome any help/advice that anyone may have!

Many thanks.

CM

• 3 weeks later...