Something Different

fishandshoot

Had a terrible day pigeon shooting but managed to shoot a couple of crows. Out of shear boredom I put them on the magnet and what a shock!!!

Every passing crow just could not resist a closer look ending in a ounce of lead free of charge!!! Total Score- F&S 22 Crows 0 :)

Has anyone else tried this? When the woodies did show up, the didn't seem to like the crows on the magnet at all.

I wish I had taken the camera!!! :)

Just been and bought an Acme crow/rook call. I have not got a clue how to use it but what the hell I'm up for a laugh.

Any tips appreciated :)

Hi F&S.

I have used crows on a magnet for a couple of years now with great success, the best results are at first light when they are looking for a place to feed. Ive also had some success in the evening by putting a dead crow on its back about 4 foot infront of the magnet with its wings spread.

Any passing crows coming to roost seem to come and fly around the magnet and going off their heads.

When you have had a practice with your crow call then try this - try blowing from the back of your throat, (like growling)

rrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr 4 times.

Silly explanation I know, but you will see the difference from just blowing. when you have mastered it, and you call a crow,

if it reacts and starts to come in dont call any more.

If it flys over your decoys and away call again but softly, they usualy come back.

You will soon double or treble your bag, as you can call them from great distances.

Happy crow bashing

Tommy

:)