Anyone Got Both a Browning 525 12 and 20 bore

Hewey

Hi All,

I have just purchased a Browning 525 Advance Sporter 12 Gauge and am considering getting a 20 Gauge 525 Sporter as well and selling my BSA Regent 20. (See For Sale Section)

I will have to get to a Gun Dealers and "have a play" but I just wondered if anyone out there already had both a 12 and 20 Gauge and could give me some info.

Really looking to know if they do shoot the same, obviously I know there is going to be a weight difference but is that difference a huge one. (not according to the Browning Web Site) Do they have similar balance etc.

Looking at the stock dimensions, drop etc. they are all identical but is that how they feel when being shot.

Any info. appreciated.

Wayne

Hewey,

Whilst not a 525, I had two Browning B25s, one in 12b, one in 20b. Weight distribution and handling are different between B525s and B25s, but in the end I sold the Browning 20b and bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon in 20b. A much better gun in that calibre. The Browning is such a deep and heavy action, even in a 20b, whereas the Beretta is proportional to the cartridge size.

I run out of fingers counting the amount of mates (male and female) that use Beretta Silver Pigeons in 20b. I'd recommend that you try one alongside a Browning or Miroku in 20b.

Balders

Got a 525 30" sporter 20bore. Very pleased with it. Shoot better with that than any other gun i own ( Browning, Perazzi and SO4 Beretta).

Picked mine up for £800 from a mate who had fired a slab of cartrs through it.

Will consider selling it in future and buying a grade 5/6 525 or B2G if funds allow.