High winds today

starlight32

Very high winds last night- loads of trees down around here.

See a lot of pigeons in the air at 06.00 on my way to work and the winds are still 25-30mph, but gusting higher.

Good day for a look there will be a lot of birds about.

Unfortunately I am at work so a day for me is out. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

There is wind and there is wind and today there was a bit too much of it here in Norfolk . But despite the hide almost blowing away several times , my chair tipping over as gusts caught it when I rose for a shot and the birds on the magnet almost being blown inside out the pigeon did not care. Not huge numbers about , but 90% came into the decoys. Second shots were almost impossible at times if the pigeons went back on the wind , but if they carried on into the wind it was a different story giving easy R&Ls as they hovered overhead. 50 odd in the bag made a good day , but there was almost no scent in the rape and the dog could not find a further five or six.

Edited by anser2

The strong winds over Norfolk have livened up things a bit. Despite there not being a lot of birds with very good bags over the past 3 days over rape. The recent drillings were not worth looking at with very few birds feeding on them.

Edited by anser2

Yes, same for me at York last Saturday and also today, decoyed 'em on the rape, nowt on drillings (beans + barley)

picked 28 this morning and on Saturday there were a few of us shooting on an estate but been told to keep shtum about the place and the bag!

V.Good sport!!

Cheers, C.B. :good: