Time to dust the gun off and get some fresh air.

pigeon master

Hello fellas,

Well after a long break from shooting its time to get the shotgun out again, the amount of pigeons I’ve seen over the winter in my area has blown me away. “Has every packed up pigeon shooting in Cleveland†The numbers are vast, so its time to get into them. :no: :o :lol:

Called in for 400 Eley Pigeon 6.5’s and I’m all set for two days over 8 rape fields up in Cleveland. I went round with the keeper today and he was very keen that I make a dent in the flocks. (I’ll do my best I said) rubbing my hands at the prospect of couple of good days.

We were sat there for about 10 minutes and a few 40/60 bird flocks dropped in on the rape in the afternoon. We watched the hounds work through on the opposite side of the valley, and then the woods erupted with pigeons after the hounds entered the woods. "There the b....rs are" he commented…It’s easy to over estimate pigeons but maybe 2000 birds lifted from a wood line 400 yards long. :good::no:

I'll be there at the crack of dawn on Monday and Tuesday hoping to drop a few as they trickle in ready to feed from their roosts.

After a long break I’m looking forward to enjoying some time out in the field and chatting with the PW members. “Infact I cant wait†:lol:

Hi pigeonmaster you must have been shooting nr guisborough today as i saw the hunt out,

let me know when youre next out as the problem has been in this area is that people have been out on the pigeons but mostly at different times so are

dropping into the other fields where nobody is set up,i would like to organise a day where we can chase them around and get stuck into them,as you said

earlier there have been a colossal number the last 2 months

Howdi LB,

Yeah mate I'm good, thanks for asking, how are you pal...its been a while since Ive posted but glad to be back. :no:

Ive had a big break from shooting, had a summer after the carp but the gear you take just gets crazy....you would think i was going on my holidays. Then theres the six buckets of bait at £50 a session. :good:

Not for me so Ive dusted the shotgun and rifle off and its time to start filling some dinner plates full of natures fruits.

Harv,

yes I was out today over Guis, did a little shooting and dropped five but i was there doing some recce's for my Monday and Tuesday session.

Were you shooting?? I did hear some shots behind me towards nunthorpe or were you part of the hunt.

Where you from mate, Im from Skelton

Howdi LB,

Yeah mate I'm good, thanks for asking, how are you pal...its been a while since Ive posted but glad to be back. :o

Ive had a big break from shooting, had a summer after the carp but the gear you take just gets crazy....you would think i was going on my holidays. Then theres the six buckets of bait at £50 a session. :no:

Not for me so Ive dusted the shotgun and rifle off and its time to start filling some dinner plates full of natures fruits.

Glad to have you back mate :no:

I used to roll my own boilies at £30 a week 15 years ago :good:

It's cheaper to go shooting :lol::lol::lol:

LB

PM,from guisborough mate,

i shoot on gisborough estate -game warden -with a few lads from skelton also,

working monday tuesday but we'll have to get together some time i'll pm my e-mail address,if we can get a large area covered im sure we'll have a cracking day.

cheers

harv

Yeah sounds great mate.

Makes good sense, there’s so much rape so keeping them huge flocks moving is essential. The high winds were helping to break them up today but yes we will have to organize a stack of guns out and make a dent in these birds.

I’ll PM you my mobile so get in touch when you get chance buddy.