Norfolk game fair 26th/27th April

Ferretboy111

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yes:;):D:D

yep date comfirmed we (btms, myself and our mrs) will be up on the saturday we will all have to meet in the beer tent .

only thing is what is the exchange rate for £s into sheckles :D:D:lol::lol:

Where are you staying? I've booked in for saturday night at the Quality hotel 3 minutes down the road. They did ask if I needed stable facilities, and they did get awfully confused when I tried to explain the workings of the horseless carriage.

Thomas Cook is doing a good rate on shekels at the moment by the way, 18 to 1.Or was that turnips?

Quality hotel? Is that the one with the dirt floor and bales for a bed? Not sure I like the sound of that, all a bit biblical.

No nearer a consensus on being there yet, but plans are afoot. All I need to do is get my immunisations up to date for Typhoid, cholera and yellow fever and I should be sorted. What sort of trade goods should I bring? Beads for the natives? I guess I could bring a torch to impress them with pocket light, or maybe a box of lighters so they don't need to rub sticks together.

Ah... I love this sort of trip.

"Quality hotel? Is that the one with the dirt floor and bales for a bed? Not sure I like the sound of that, all a bit biblical"

For 80 turnips a night I expect hay bales at the very least, and the chances of my old gal giving a virgin birth went about 45 years ago, so I'm fairly safe there.

I would forget the torch, the last 'furriner' that took a torch across the border was burnt for witchcraft. (last saturday at closing time).

Edited by bob300w

I feel some what obliged to warn you suffolk and essex boys that soon as you cross the waveny at diss you will then be seen as an easy touch for the locals . My advice to you is to keep driving and dont stop untill you get to the show ground . If you should manage to find your way to the beer tent ,no 1 ,dont drink nelsons revenge ,only real men can drink it ,and number 2 make sure you have some sprouts in your pocket for small change ,as you know the turnip is a large some of money and they wont allways give you change ,and as for paying 80 turnips a night for lodgings ,you shouldnt have been paying more than 30 carrots , I told you that you will be seen as easy touches . Harnser .

Ah, but I've spent quite some time working near Bungay in the past, so oi larnt a bit a Narfuk, thay got sum good old pubs up in them thar hills, and they got their own River Waveny. I joined the Bungay Mountain Rescue team, based at Sotterley, and the Indoor Hang Gliding club whilst up there.

:D :( :beer::beer::beer:

now that nelson beer stuff i know the stuff quite well cos i had some practiice with it you have to drink it with one arrrm stuffed insyde ya shirrrrt and one eyyyye shut soo wen ya leave ye olde ale houuse ya know howe that there nelson blooke was liike on that olde boaat of his , :rolleyes::lol::P

got a looad of sprouts let from christmas soo will hav plenty of looose change. but wont be stayin over nite cos her ladyship likes her creature comforts to much, should hav gooode ol laugh with them owd locals jist hoop tha weatha holds out and tha horseless cart dolnt playy up much. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

ye ha

tractorboy

:D :( :beer::beer::beer:

now that nelson beer stuff i know the stuff quite well cos i had some practiice with it you have to drink it with one arrrm stuffed insyde ya shirrrrt and one eyyyye shut soo wen ya leave ye olde ale houuse ya know howe that there nelson blooke was liike on that olde boaat of his , :rolleyes::lol::P

got a looad of sprouts let from christmas soo will hav plenty of looose change. but wont be stayin over nite cos her ladyship likes her creature comforts to much, should hav gooode ol laugh with them owd locals jist hoop tha weatha holds out and tha horseless cart dolnt playy up much. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

ye ha

tractorboy

Welcome to norfolk tractor boy . I know you will have a super day out . Harnser .

Quickshot. You have too much free time on your hands. You need a job!

I think I have a packet of sprouts in the fridge, so that's change taken care of. Still need something for "folding" money... Sugarbeet?

Seriously though, is the show dog friendly? I'd like to bring the puppy with.

I think I have a packet of sprouts in the fridge, so that's change taken care of. Still need something for "folding" money... Sugarbeet?

;) What a ridiculous post, how could you fold a sugarbeet? :D Cabbage leaves man, cabbage leaves. If you need lower denomination notes, lettuce leaves are accepted in most hostelries. Whatever you do, don't try and use a credit card, causes widespread wailing and much gnashing of teeth.

No idea whether the show dog is friendly or not, I didn't know that they had one.

I did intend taking my dog, but I think that being stood on all day by a nation of ooh-arring yokels would be too much for her.

Don't forget to book your tickets on line and save 3 sprouts on each ticket. http://www.seetickets.com/see_multi/price....&pgroup=all

:lol::lol:

;) What a ridiculous post, how could you fold a sugarbeet? :D Cabbage leaves man, cabbage leaves. If you need lower denomination notes, lettuce leaves are accepted in most hostelries. Whatever you do, don't try and use a credit card, causes widespread wailing and much gnashing of teeth.

No idea whether the show dog is friendly or not, I didn't know that they had one.

I did intend taking my dog, but I think that being stood on all day by a nation of ooh-arring yokels would be too much for her.

Don't forget to book your tickets on line and save 3 sprouts on each ticket. http://www.seetickets.com/see_multi/price....&pgroup=all

:lol::lol:

Bob ,dont take the dog ,they get eaten round here .Just have a look round when you get here the locals will be wearing dog skin coats . Dont be frightend to bring your plastic credit thingy with you ,we do have turnip hole in the walls .Its quite clever really ,you put your plastic thing in and a set of scales swing out and weigh out a stone of turnips .We have got it all in Norfolk . Harnser .

:lol: What a ridiculous post, how could you fold a sugarbeet? :lol: Cabbage leaves man, cabbage leaves. If you need lower denomination notes, lettuce leaves are accepted in most hostelries. Whatever you do, don't try and use a credit card, causes widespread wailing and much gnashing of teeth.

:lol::/

Bob ,dont take the dog ,they get eaten round here .Just have a look round when you get here the locals will be wearing dog skin coats . Dont be frightend to bring your plastic credit thingy with you ,we do have turnip hole in the walls .Its quite clever really ,you put your plastic thing in and a set of scales swing out and weigh out a stone of turnips .We have got it all in Norfolk . Harnser .

Nice one, that's the most that I have laughed this week (well since the automatic street lights and flush comments).

I'll see you in the beer tent no doubt? :lol::lol:;):D:lol:

:lol: What a ridiculous post, how could you fold a sugarbeet? :lol: Cabbage leaves man, cabbage leaves. If you need lower denomination notes, lettuce leaves are accepted in most hostelries. Whatever you do, don't try and use a credit card, causes widespread wailing and much gnashing of teeth.

:lol::/

Nice one, that's the most that I have laughed this week (well since the automatic street lights and flush comments).

I'll see you in the beer tent no doubt? :lol::lol:;):D:lol:

Yes i will be there ,look for the local with the dalmation jacket with the big turnip pockets . Harnser . It will be a super day out . Harnser .

:crazy: What a ridiculous post, how could you fold a sugarbeet? :crazy: Cabbage leaves man, cabbage leaves. If you need lower denomination notes, lettuce leaves are accepted in most hostelries. Whatever you do, don't try and use a credit card, causes widespread wailing and much gnashing of teeth.

:yahoo::yahoo:

I'll see you in the beer tent no doubt? :lol::beer::good::drinks::lol:

Yes i will be there ,look for the local with the dalmation jacket with the big turnip pockets . Harnser . It will be a super day out . Harnser .

Doubtful, 'er indoors is coming with me. :angry:

:good::crazy::crazy::drinks:

bob

dont drink the water when you cross the boooarder inta narfulk cos my olde mate in schooooole tolde me that tha flushing wots its is tha naybours well!!!!!!! so i fink all us touristy foolk betterrr wotch out cos i herd sum funny fings happen betterget someof that there travvvvel insurance stuff jist in case :yahoo::yahoo::angry::beer: going to see tha squire on saterdee to *** some more sproouts cos i doont trust them turnip thingmegigs also told tha mrs to go to tha witch doctor for her medicine for that bird flu stuff as myne is nooowwwe up to date

tractorboy

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::/

:good::crazy::crazy::drinks:

bob

dont drink the water when you cross the boooarder inta narfulk cos my olde mate in schooooole tolde me that tha flushing wots its is tha naybours well!!!!!!! so i fink all us touristy foolk betterrr wotch out cos i herd sum funny fings happen betterget someof that there travvvvel insurance stuff jist in case :yahoo::yahoo::angry::beer: going to see tha squire on saterdee to *** some more sproouts cos i doont trust them turnip thingmegigs also told tha mrs to go to tha witch doctor for her medicine for that bird flu stuff as myne is nooowwwe up to date

tractorboy

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cor blarst boy, oi rackon you'm be roight thayre, Oi hatter use the beer tent oi rackon. Moi burd floo 'jection is outa date a'nall. Thay still hev thay cannonballs up thayre wot eats peeple an all, so oi heer. Do thay hev them soonarmi's on that wosh bit a narfuk?

:rolleyes::blush::blush::blush:

bob

dont drink the water when you cross the boooarder inta narfulk cos my olde mate in schooooole tolde me that tha flushing wots its is tha naybours well!!!!!!! so i fink all us touristy foolk betterrr wotch out cos i herd sum funny fings happen betterget someof that there travvvvel insurance stuff jist in case :yes::yes::yes::yes: going to see tha squire on saterdee to *** some more sproouts cos i doont trust them turnip thingmegigs also told tha mrs to go to tha witch doctor for her medicine for that bird flu stuff as myne is nooowwwe up to date

tractorboy

Tractor boy , dont worry about drinking the water in norfolk .Theres absulutely nothing wrong with it if you boil it for 5 days , after boiling it does tend to have a greenish hew to it but this adds to the flavour of it . If you want to go for the top end water you can get the dwile ( dish cloth ) filtered brand,it tends to be a little bit greasy but has a real rustic taste . This will be available sealed in jam jars . Harnser .

bob

dont drink the water when you cross the boooarder inta narfulk cos my olde mate in schooooole tolde me that tha flushing wots its is tha naybours well!!!!!!! so i fink all us touristy foolk betterrr wotch out cos i herd sum funny fings happen betterget someof that there travvvvel insurance stuff jist in case :yes::yes::yes::yes: going to see tha squire on saterdee to *** some more sproouts cos i doont trust them turnip thingmegigs also told tha mrs to go to tha witch doctor for her medicine for that bird flu stuff as myne is nooowwwe up to date

tractorboy

Tractor boy , dont worry about drinking the water in norfolk .Theres absulutely nothing wrong with it if you boil it for 5 days , after boiling it does tend to have a greenish hew to it but this adds to the flavour of it . If you want to go for the top end water you can get the dwile ( dish cloth ) filtered brand,it tends to be a little bit greasy but has a real rustic taste . This will be available sealed in jam jars . Harnser .

Well I will be there now, her indoors has insisted we pay a visit so we shall need some sort of covert greeting in the beer tent......

May I suggest we place a turnip on top of our heads?

That is all I can think of unless anyone else has a better idea?

Well I will be there now, her indoors has insisted we pay a visit so we shall need some sort of covert greeting in the beer tent......

You Old Boys Can Do That. I Will Stand And Laugh.

Wookie,, Ive just turned 15 And Cant Get A Job Around Here Until Harvest. As For The Spare Time,, I Go With My Sister Who Competes On Horses.

QS

bob

tractorboy

Starlight ,If you put a turnip on your head make sure you put a piece of baling twine through it tied to you wrist .you know what those essex boys are like ,they will swipe it . Whats wrong with shouting out any body from pigeon watch in here . Harnser .

"Tractor boy , dont worry about drinking the water in norfolk .Theres absulutely nothing wrong with it if you boil it for 5 days , after boiling it does tend to have a greenish hew to it but this adds to the flavour of it . If you want to go for the top end water you can get the dwile ( dish cloth ) filtered brand,it tends to be a little bit greasy but has a real rustic taste . This will be available sealed in jam jars . Harnser . "

Cor, no wonder they all drink beer, if it takes 5 days to make a cup of tea!

Me tickets arrived this morning, printed on a dock leaf, so there is no get-out for me now.

"Well I will be there now, her indoors has insisted we pay a visit so we shall need some sort of covert greeting in the beer tent......

That is all I can think of unless anyone else has a better idea?"

I would not advise you to wave cash of such a large denomination about in public, people have been mugged by footpads for a carrot before now.

Edited by bob300w

Footpads? Is Naaaarfuk that advanced? I thought they still went round in packs armed with clubs and saying "Ugh". Ah well, I guess evolution had to come to town one day.

Quickshot. That's a bit of a nightmare. Be careful up north, if they here you're not 'prenticed, they might kidnap you and put you to work up chimneys. Assuming they've worked out how the "fire" thing can be controlled...