more land on FAC

Robby22

As long as the new land is already cleared for your caliber of rifle then you do not need to inform them.

If you are unsure as to if it has already got clearance then phone your FEO and ask him if it's on their system as land already cleared, if not, as long as the owner of the land has no objections then get him to come out and check it out

Ian

Edited by duey

My local FEO left me with a load of blank forms for land owners to sign their permission to shoot. It covers the calibres of weapons and what the quarry is. I then send these to him and if there's a problem with the land they let me know.

Also, our county police force have a dedicated phone number to call to let them know when and where you're out shooting. It stops them sending out an armed response vehicle in case some local reports you. We're very lucky that the force is supportive of shooters.

Robby I would contact your FLO and ask his advice, if you have a closed ticket you must only shoot on land that you have permission on

( Pref written permission )

And the land MUST be deemed suitable by the Police for you to use your rifle on,

It takes no time to call your FLO and get his advice, and as always try to get things in writing and keep everything.

Trust me when the wheel falls off you will need all this information.

Just phone your FEO with the name of the farm and ideally the postcode. If your force is reasonable (mine isn't!) they will tell you over the phone. Otherwise you have to write in and they will write back to you with the info. Clearing land is free. If you can, try to walk around with them and explain exactly what you want to use there (or may ask for in future)