Advice on gun cabinets

triscrx

I recently got my FAC after shooting for a few years with the shotgun. And I have a nice triple cabinet which houses 3 shotguns no problems. However since getting the CZ when the FAC arrived I have found that the cabinet isnt as big as I would like, With the Beretta 682 in the I could just get the 2 in together. Now i have sold the shotgun and the CZ just about fits snug on its own!

Just a thought as shotguns dont have the bipod and big scope. Something I never thought about when I bought the cabinet. Now I find myself wishing I had a larger cabinet to accomodate both shotguns and rifles comfortably without taking the bipod and scope off. Just one to think about for anyone thinking of getting a rifle with a shotgun cabinet.

Just my 2p

Tris.

Agree with you fully there.

Based on prior posts on here about cabinets: I got myself a 6/7gun extra deep. I don't regret it one bit since in reality it probably will take two rifles and two shotguns realistically. Mine currently stores my air-rifle as below and one of those "nasty replica samurai swords" the Government seems so desperate on banning for no apparent reason. I think the best thing you can do when getting a cabinet is to always go for a higher capacity in order to future-proof.

When I pursue my SGC later this year (cash permitting :good: ) I will probably make 1 or possibly two additions to the cabinet at a stretch. I can always be relaxed in the thought however that there is space for a .22 rimfire a few years or so down the line.

mr_colt.

Edited by mr_colt

I know when I applied for my FAC and SGC I was just going to get a 2 - 3 cabinet.

My shooting mate advised me to go with a 7 - 9 one with a top safe. best advice ever! I thought I would never have anything other than a shotgun and maybe a .22rf in there. It currently has .22RF, .17hmr, .308, shotgun and 2 air rifles in now and is already a bit tight on room.