Walkie Talkie

Cosd

Few days ago, Lidl had this one:

Walkie Talkie

PMR (private mobile radio) device with headset for hands free talking. Range up to (km): 5. Supplied with headset, microphone, mains adaptor, 12V in-car charger, 4 x rechargeable AAA batteries and belt clip. 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Price per set.

I couldnt find the offer link online, but you might still be able to find them in store if you got one close by. They were advertised at £24.99, but not sure how they compare to the Costco ones.

we use PMR's for airsoft alot and believe me we've tried and tested ALOT of headsets and units. by far the best all rounder on the market is the motorola XTN 446 its an amazing radio. it also clocks in at £150! however it is the best. the second option (the one i have) is the Alan 456r which is small, powerfull and usefully takes AA bats (3 of) you can get headets, earpieces, handsets and whatnot from maplins to go with it. the alan clocks in at £50 new.

we use this over sites of about 200 acres or so, urban, woodland whatever they're pretty good!

also both of these radio's have a "vox" option which means you won't have to press any buttons to talk to your m8 you simply talk and it picks it up.

all from maplins to boot :good:

Thanks for the advice guys.

Want to keep the cost reasonable as I need 3 so thats 2 packs with 1 extra.

Going Costco tomorrow so will look at these.

Anyone use VOX on these WT's?

I read you just talk when ready and you don't need to press the talk button...!

Sorry to sound thick but know absolutely nothing about these.

• 5 weeks later...
Do you guys use walkie talkie's?

If so, which do you recommend and is it possible to get one with say bluetooth headsets?

I'm looking at buying a set of 3 or 4 between me and 2 shooting buddies.

Hello,

For your question,I just want to say I have a set walkie talkie.I really happy to recommend it to you!!as it good quality and cheapest price.I bought it from a china supplyer through a on-line shop.following are the picture of mine.I don't know how to discripe it concretly.may you can try it in this website www.onvon.com

http://www.onvon.com/images/FT-003-1.jpg(just click it)

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know.....

In the end I bought a pair of Cobra MT800 Walkie Talkies for a reasonable price of £45 delivered.

They came with an ear piece but I ordered a throat mic from that auction site.

The throat mic (under £10 delivered) is from Hong Kong but works very well. When there is a strong wind, using either the WT on it's own or with a normal mic, the other person hears the wind firstly and your voice in the background; Using the throat mic though your voice is more prominent than the wind. The other advantage is that you can wear the mic even under a balaclava and it is not affected. Coming off the mic there is a short curly cord with an ear piece. Lastly there is a remote button you can velcro anywhere to activate the mic, so you never need to touch the walkie talkie. There is the VOX option but this reduces the battery life so I don't use this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Throat-Vibration-Mic...1QQcmdZViewItem

If anyone decides to try one of these, just remember to check the plug fit for your particular walkie talkie. Mine was the single plug and Cobra was not on the compatibility list, I bought it anyway as the plug looked the same (scientific evaluation I know :blink: ) and it worked fine.