15 ft ferret finder and 2 collars

matt101

My Ferret Dave,

Only a six footer, but I find that if he stands stock still apart from swaying slightly, in much the same way as a stick insect does, is very hard to see on days when the old mincers are not up too much. I find that if I tow an old sock filled with parsnips and toaster leavings behind an aardvark with dandruff, this usally breaks his attention enough for me to see the movements from a distance of anywhere up to 5 cubits. As soon as his "cover" is broken I bring him back to heel, as it where, using the entire brass section from a now defunct colliery in Northamptonshire. I have tried using the woodwind section from several small villages in the Darlington area with only limited success. I realise that there is a place in ferreting for new modern fangled devices, but the old practices of using an entire marching band to lure you ferreet from the hole are dying out and must be preserved.

jimDfish

P.S my new book, Stalking deer using the azerbijhan syncronised swiming team is now on general release. Never seen before photos of women with lipstick and showersaps bringing the stag into rifleshot using splits second aquatic aerobics

• 4 weeks later...