Warning!

pin

New exploit out, spreading via myspace / facebook / beebo..

Clever trick, people always pass on virus warnings (much like I am doing here) only this time the warning isn't a hoax its a clever trick to con you into compromising your computer.

If you get a virus warning from someone beware. If after clicking it you end up looking at this :- removaltool6gx87.gif don't click it :good:

It's not real, it's an image of a fake windows update box, clicking anywhere on it will prompt a nasty rootkit download.

I think a lot of people will be seeing this over the next few days and weeks. If you want more detail have a look at the SANS ISC posting here

Edited by pin

Has anyone else noticed that its always a certain group of people that you get the 'Hey do you reckon this pic is good enough to slap on Myspace???' message from? I find in general if it's spelt too well for it to be the sender it's not them. :)

Best bit of advice has been given which is don't click of course. :good: However there's never any harm asking what file is being sent to you by your messaging contact.

FM :o