Help wiht new gun....had to return old one.

benelli

I had been shooting with a browning semi auto for about 2 months.I had it price evaluated and it had no proof marks and i found out it held 4 carts instead of 3.I took it sraight back and got back my money wich was good but nothing for my troubles.

I now have £700 and im lookig for an o/u this time? Any suggestions? I was thinking of a bettinsoli supersport but i have not heard any reviews.

Regards,

Forgive me if I`m a little sceptical but, if you were sold a 4 shot semi, you and the seller would be in big do-do, as it would fall under the firearms act and he would have known before hand that it was and you should have had a FAC with you to buy it. It must have an ID number on both the receiver and the barrel and sometimes even the fore-end and will be registered as such with the police and the importer and both will know how many cartridges it can hold in the tube.

Forgive me if I`m a little sceptical but, if you were sold a 4 shot semi, you and the seller would be in big do-do, as it would fall under the firearms act and he would have known before hand that it was and you should have had a FAC with you to buy it. It must have an ID number on both the receiver and the barrel and sometimes even the fore-end and will be registered as such with the police and the importer and both will know how many cartridges it can hold in the tube.

HD, Gotta stop you there, it is a known fact that certain 3.5" chamber semi auto's restricted to 2+1 will actually take 3+1 if the right (or Wrong dependant on view) cartridge size (case length) is inserted. I know this as fact. However legally without FAC you can only put 2+1 in and if you so have one of these guns, its not even worth thinking about unleess you want to lose your licence.

SS

HD, Gotta stop you there, it is a known fact that certain 3.5" chamber semi auto's restricted to 2+1 will actually take 3+1 if the right (or Wrong dependant on view) cartridge size (case length) is inserted. I know this as fact. However legally without FAC you can only put 2+1 in and if you so have one of these guns, its not even worth thinking about unleess you want to lose your licence.

SS

Very true SS :rolleyes:

Anyway after all that a little advise...

Once a semi owner always a semi owner.. best gun around :rolleyes:

If you are after a solid O/U for good money then take a look at AYA Special Edition 32" 3"magnum if you can find one.

Looks the part, smooth operation and you will have change for a few hundred cartridges too

Understand about the Semi and 4 rounds .. ... better rid of that if in doubt:

Happy days !