where were all the Norfolk shooters

Hi all Have just got back fron a short break at the Wild Duck holiday park at Belton nr Gt Yarmouth, we travelled around the Broads, Wroxham,Caister, etc saw a good few woodies feeding strangely alot on the wheat fields (not fresh drilled) but not a shooter anywhere.

Did notice not too much rape about compared with here in Northamptonshire where we live.

In hindsite maybe i should have posted our visit on the meet up section, so could have gone out for a beer with any fellow shooters to share our experiences,

What i must say is how friendly and helpfull the people were around Norfolk, and we had a smashing time, i thought the weather might have been worse than it was even though we had a bit of rain i thought it might have been a lot colder than it was.

I must say i would have no hesitation going back to the cracking countryside although a bit flat the trip along the broads on the hired boat was great and not expensive which helps.

Had a great time Smokey :good::good::yes:

Hi smokeyokey .

Glad you enjoyed your trip to norfolk most people do . Yes broadland is a very pretty part of the county and is visited by thousands of people from all over the world .

Dont worry ,ther are lots of good old boys out there shooting pigeons and looking after the wild life . Harnser .

Hi Smokey ,

I grew up in Belton when it was a sleepy little village of about 200 people. I shot my first pigeons on a kale field near the church where now a vast houseing estate stands and shot my first duck on the marshes below the Wild Duck holiday Park. I now live in North Norfolk and we have very few pigeon shooters out this time of year as its all keepered pheasant shoots around me. I doubt if i will be out again before the end of the summer when I usualy manage a couple of days on the rape stubbles.