Junior Witless Witter

Gordon R

Just watched the man with the large ego lose his title. Tim Bradley decked him and beat him far more easily than the split decision indicated. I don't know why Brendan Ingle's fighters - Witter, Naseem Hamed, Errol Graham - rely almost solely on evading punches so much. They seem to base their strategy around narrowly avoiding being hit, with no other defence. Ultimately this method has proved flawed as all have been caught on the chin.

Can someone explain how the decision came to be split? Only Witter's mother would have given him the verdict. The Ingles looked to have given up the cause in the corner before the last round. Their tactics found wanting yet again.

Bradley is a strong lad. i cant see many putting hin down too quick. 24 years old, and another 10 years ahead. thought it was a great fight, but after the 6th, you knew Witter had lost his way.

I don't understand why the cornermen couldn't see Witter was not doing enough. Telling him to carry on the way he was doing - I give up. Their probable advice - coast until the final bell and then throw your hands up and pretend you won. It worked enough times for Chris Eubank.

WOULD HE BEAT HATTON :hmm::good::good:

another great fight for the future that Col, but you know how quick the boxing cirlces move, hatton will be retired by then. if it did come off, i cant see hattons experience letting him down.

For a man who`s been a fighter at the top of his game for years he doesn`t half like to leave his chin exposed, you`d have thought he`d try to cover it better with his shoulder at the very least. He used his jab to absolutely no effect, hanging his arm out like something off the Karate Kid which virtually begged the other fella to stick the counter over the top of it. Didn`t throw enough punches & I can`t remember him throwing a combination at all. His movement was poor & he kept his head still all the time. If the other fella had been busier I reckon Witter would have been knocked out. I get the distinct impression that Ingles fighters start to believe their own publicity & start to believe they only have to turn up to win, seems to have been history repeating itself again.