pigeon guides

paul p

I must say I've always had my doubts about these organised pigeon shooting days.  After all, when I’ve been out studying the birds seen were there going to and from and planned my days shooting for the next and you find things have changed.  So how can they guarantee any numbers because experience on these here bird tells you that habits change with the wind.

Your much better of getting out there and finding some land of your to shoot.  The getting land tips in the main website is a good place to start and persevere .

Here’s to better days

Kev

was the day quoted as 80-150 cartridges or birds , if you shot 150 cartridges and only killed 19 pigeons then its not the guides fault . if they quoted that many birds then they are either overoptimistic , liars or as with evey other time the birds didnt come

If I did then accept my apology John I didn’t mean to offend.  The point I was trying to make was that the pigeons change habits at the drop of a hat and you would need to be one to get it right every time.

I’m sure you could supply us with a lot of good tips to help us and we would all appreciate them and you very much

Kev

:)

Kev,just got in from foxing and read your message,rest assured no offence was taken,and its true that you would have to be a pigeon to predict the *******!I have just registered to the site which I think will grow and grow.I dont bait fields as I cant afford to lose the land,though I think this would be ok on set aside so long as the farmer was kept informed that it could put a good dent in the pigeon numbers.

Speak soon,but got to clean the rifle and have a beer!