section 1

After getting my letters form the farmer for a section one shotgun

i have been told i need to right a letter(another hurdel) to say why a 3 shot won't do.

they say in need to be more detailed than just stateing "pest contol"

this is my reason more back up shots when decoying and shooting crows.... need as many shots as posible because there hard to get them back in range. but would use for every bit of pest control on the far so i think it need to cover all my vermin

does anyone have a letter blue print i can use, just to make sure i cover all bases???

thanks in advance

Edited by coupe312

If you have not already read it I strongly suggest you read the HO guidelines to the police and acquaint yourself with the rules to "good reason to posses". Chapter 13.18 refers.

Yours is the first case I have heard of where the police have requested a letter detailing your reasons. I would just send a short note with your application stating you have a serious problem with winged vermin as per the enclosed letter from the land owner and would be pleased if they would expedite your application.

I should warn you that some firearms managers will only grant to keepers and prof. vermin controllers.

Get the farmer to sign a written letter stating that he is having a lot of problems with crows/pigeon on his crops, and that he has given you permission to use the gun on his land.

When writing to the police, the 'reason' for wanting a section 1 shotgun is for Crop Protection. This is what I was advised to write in my letter, advise given by my FEO. It worked for me.

I was advised to state crop protection due to the amount of pigeon

in the air at one time and the 5 shot would be more beneficial for

this purpose,I got mine but a friend got refused and they said

if he had been a full time pest controller they would have allowed it.

strange really because Im not and we used to shoot the same land.

By the way something to think about,

Bought one new a browning gold 5 shot £795 8 month later tried to

sell it on and couldnt,advertised it for 3 months in the magazines

etc, BUT then I ended up losing £500 on it and having to part ex to

get rid,very limited market, less than half price and not a year old.

The dealer sent it to auction and sold it for £362 quid and showed me

the paperwork. :wub:

I will try and dig out my covering letter ;)

Hope i still have it, went along the lines of pigeon and crow control on arable land, where the extra capacity would make control more effective.....

Mr. Charlie T helped me compose a letter, might be worth sending him a pm and see if he would mind helping you?, a very knowledgeable fella :)

If it hasn’t been already mentioned, remember to apply for a multi-shot gun and not a 5 shot as I did, because that’s what I ended up with.

Good luck

Edit: really should read all the posts :wub: , what a dummy!

Edited by Hot-Shot