watch your suger beet

Harnser

Had a look round the farm today and saw a dozen or so pigeons feeding on young suger beet . Its the time of the year for them to want to have ago on the young growth . Some of the early winter sown barley is well on its way and wont be long before it gets milky and start to attract the pigeons . I love this time of the year with the thought of shooting laid corn and then the stubbles . Harnser .

Unfortunately I have no sugar beet on any of my permissions and I spent today looking around and standing in the hedges, for 12 birds.

They were still on the open parts of a few rape fields, but not in committed numbers.

I shot 6 that were coming into some willows for a break and all were full of clover.

An enjoyable day, but hard work and I didn't use one decoy, or set up a hide. :blush:

I know the type of day well cranfield , On one of my farms there are two quite big fields with a large hedge row between them . I often stand in the hedgerow ,as you said with out hide or decoy and shoot the pigeons flighting by or going to the large trees to put their feet up for a while . If you can shoot a dozen birds this way it can be very satisfying . Harnser .