Game Fair North Wales

Ice

As said, anyone heading up to the Boddelwyddan Game Fair in North Wales??

Its on the 28 + 29th June, link below.

http://www.bascgamefair.org.uk/ "Click on Wales"

I've got a shooting comp in the morning in Caernarfon with a HOG Roast :good: so will be finishing that before heading to the game fair.

Ive never been to a game fair before so im quite looking forward to the whole day to be honest...

Edited by Ice

I'll be there, not sure if i'm going to shoot yet. What's the comp in Caernarfon? come to think of it, where about do you shoot in Caernarfon?

I dont shoot in Caernarfon personally, its a small clay ground just on the outskirts, i have only ever been there once so my directions might be a bit dodgy, on the road out of caernarfon on the way to bethel, there is a quarry on the right hand side, there is a bloody great big stone right on the enterance, turn down there, go through the quarry over the weigh bridge and voilaa, they only have two traps, but you change the posistion of where you shoot from...

I thought there was somewhere in Bethel that did clays. I think I saw it advertised in Gwynedd Firearms a while back, plus I can hear them from my parents' house sometimes. I might have to have a look sometime, when can you shoot there? And do you have to be a member or anything?

I thought there was somewhere in Bethel that did clays. I think I saw it advertised in Gwynedd Firearms a while back, plus I can hear them from my parents' house sometimes. I might have to have a look sometime, when can you shoot there? And do you have to be a member or anything?

No i dont think you have to be a member, i went there as a guest with the Holyhead Round Table, it was an organised evening. It is also with them i am doing the comp on the 28th, so i dont know if anyone can turn up and shoot, all proceds however go to the air ambulance so i wouldnt be supprised if anyone could turn up as they would get more money for them...... Hog Roast included as well :good:

All for £30

Might see you there then, I'm finishing my teachers training on the Thursday, hoping to go to Holland Arms to shoot my gun for the first time (got it a month ago!) on the Friday, might as well have my first comp on the Saturday!

Holland Arms?:lol:

You mean on Anglesey by Gaerwen?:lol:

If it is there i didnt know there was anywhere to shoot there :lol:

Yeah it's not the garden centre! :lol:

I've never been to a clay club so I'm just gonna go for a look, I'm a member at a muzzle loading club near Caernarfon, we have clays once a month but we've only got one trap.

There is a small club on Anglesey, I got invited there by the guy who runs it, they practice on thursday evenings and comps on the 2nd Saturday of every month. I think it's near Bryngwran, if you want the full details I've got them somewhere, give us a shout and I'll PM them to you.

Holland arms is not bad, but is going down hill since the new guy took over. :good: I prefer to go to Anglesey Shooting School, at Presaddfed Estate in Bodedern. Saturdays you get a choice of at least 10 stands plus they have a new skeet layout that opens late afternoon. Also they are open Wed eves for General Practice.

I am going to a 50 Bird comp there on Sat afternoon and then to the game fair comp at Bodelwyddan on Sunday.

Also if you have word with the guy who runs the place he is happy to let me use the odd Black Powder round!!!!!!!! :lol:

Aye we shoot in Preshafed every wednesday and saturday, going to give it a miss on sat though, doing a charity shooting comp in caernarfon which includes a Hog roast, i have never had hog roast before so this is the main reason im going :good:

Never heard of the Holland arms clay ground before, there is a garden centre and pub on anglesey near gaerwen, no wonder i was confused...

I was pondering going to the BASC Show in North Wales :lol: on the Sunday.

But the original idea was that I would go with my youngest lad, who loves these events, but he's doing a sleepover at his mates that weekend and I'm not sure when we're expecting him to grace us with his presence :hmm: .

He treats this place like a ******* hotel :lol::lol::lol::P

The clay shoot looks a bit of a giraffe, I wouldn't mind a pop at that :good:

Aye there should be quite a few going along, dont think im going to bother with the one at the game fair though as from what ive heard its not up to much, saying that ill sus it out and if it looks good ill have a crack at it....

Come along to the shoot in Caernarfon with the Hog roast, all in aid of a charitable cause, "Wales Air Ambulance"

Should be a good crack!!!! :good:

Well that's my teacher training finished! Can't wait to have a shot now!

I should be there on Saturday, the weather's not looking great for tomorrow so I don't know if I'll get a chance to shoot tomorrow.

If I'm there on Saturday you won't be able to miss me! I'm the 4'11" fat one! :)