Best reloading book

you need more than one.

Unless you decide to only use say, lapua brass, with lapua's recomended projectiles and powders you will find it very limiting.

Hornady, Lapua and Nosler are 3 good manuals. They will give you a range of Hot loads and conservative loads (yanks will tend to not actually list a max load) where as the lapua manual will tend to list nearer to the truth.

It also means you can take averages, if you compare say lapua's recommended load with n133 with a 50grain nosler, to hornadys recommended load with n133 and a hornady 50grain. See where im coming from?

I have the sierra book which came with my RCBS press kit. I have no problems with it at all. The instructions are clear and make sense. If I were to get another it would be the hornady book because I use a lot of hornady bullets.

If you don't have a press yet, I'd suggest buying a full kit together rather than getting everything separately. I am glad I did as it saves a lot of picking around and you know everything is right from the start.

If you are only loading for the 223, then you may want to consider the spiral bound books that are specific to one cartridge. They give a bit more in depth info on the cartridge and will give you more options for powder and bullets. If there was one fault with the sierra book it would be that they only list sierra/nosler bullets and hodgdon/IMR family powders. The hornady books lists more powders, but only hornady family bullets.

thanks

rick