DECOYING UP A TREE!!

ROODLE

i live on the lovely north cornish coast, very pretty but we don't have the big commercial fields where you can happily decoy loads of pigeons. :D Most of the fields around here are set over for pasture or spuds. The birds we do get are just a few in the nice wooded valleys.

I was thinking about using one of my special battery operated, (high power rechargables), seagul flapper that i have expertly painted as a woodie. i will then attach it to a fair length of fishing line with a lead weight at t'other end. The weight will be chucked up high over a branch on a good 'sitty' tree so that i can haul the flapper ( which will be already flapping :D ) up to the corrrect height. There it will be happliy clapping away

In theory i reckon it's a winner

but will it work?

I will let you know how i get on next weekend.

either 1) i will be victorious :)

or 2) i will shoot the decoy in frustration :thumbs:

what do you lot think?

no no no... :thumbs: you don't get it, the whole idea is that it flaps around and around and looks like it is about to land :) they really give it beans and anyway it is really sheltered in this particular valley :D

oh ****** :*) ... ok so it may not work but i'll spend the rest of the week convincing myself anyway :D

the photos should be worth a laff anyway :lol: :( :D

Certainly unconventional - but what the heck, it might work

However if it is hanging from a tree, the tree itself will block the view except from front on

Suggestion - if you put a line up between two trees on each side of the field, then suspend the elecro-flapper in the middle you might get better results

Good luck, let us know how you get on