Nokia N95 GPS functionality

flash

took a new contract out today and decided upon the nokia N95 because of the camera mainly, but also because of the GPS and satnav that comes with it.

but i cant seem to get the GPS to work. can anyone give any tips on how to get it working.

cheers

flash

Have you configoured it to UK settings? WAAS does not work with all units over here and you may have to adjust it to a different format. I have a few GPS toys but none are combined with mobiles so I cant help all that much.

As my brother used to say.. RTFM :good: (read the ******* manual) :) hope you get it sorted, sounds like a good bit of kit!

At the moment my Nokia phone without camera, internet, and all that other rubbish runs straight day and night for 3 weeks without charging, and is dead reliable. For mobile GPS I always use a Garmin GPSmap 60CSX.

I have the Nokia N95 i've used the GPs once or twice, the camera is quite good for shooting clips of the dogs etc, when out, do you have the 1GB or the 8GB phone?

The GPS isn't as good as a dedicated GPS unit, but its got so much other functionality aswell so there has to be a trade off?

Flash you need to slide the phone open for GPS and check with your service provider that you have access to it to start with.

I use mine regular at it's a gem :lol:

I might be able to leave on the day I want to get to Bisley instead of the usual week in advance :good:

LB