Dont be afraid to ask!

Fisherman Mike

This may not apply to everyone looking for shooting rights but It may interest some of you.

I have recently been pricing a small refurbishment contract to a farmhouse which is part of a Large Wiltshire Estate.

On arriving at the House to have a look around with my Roofing Contractor about 500 pigeons got up off an adjacent maize stubble field.

After the appointment I was on the mobile to the Estate Agents PA who put me in touch with the Agent, who put me in touch with the Estates Farm Manager who was all for it but put me in touch with the Estate Gamekeeper.

A quick call to him on the mobile and he was round to see me in about 5 minutes and I watched a 4 x 4 appear across the fields.

We had a chat for about 20mins I showed him my BASC membership and he could see that I was a sensible sort of chap and he agreed to me shooting on the estate land after the current Pheasant season had finished.

What transpired from the conversation was that because it is such a big and well known Estate and established Pheasant shoot people rarely bothered to enquire about the pigeon shooting. He said he ran a Duck, Pheasant, Partridge shoot and Deer Stalking but the only interest in Pigeon was the odd Italian and German.

Rather like the top models who are very often with out a male companion because people think they are untouchable and uninterested in someone so ordinary.

I have now secured some pigeon shooting opportunity on approx 10,000 acres of prime farmland.

The moral being.

Dont be afraid to ask.

Fm.

Aha - I think I know where you are. Lucky fella :thumbs:

Yes your tip is good, it is exactly how I got my rights about 4 years ago.

Strange thing is I had lost my shooting rights at a local farm just one week before, change of owner and the new chap not at all interested - something to do with sheep.

Funny how things turn out :lol: