Anybody use .22 Xpediters ?

The farmer at one of my places came out the other night and gave me about 80 Winchester Xpediters. He said he couldn't be doing with mixtures of high and low velocity ammo.

Anyhow, I tried this stuff out and apart from leaving filthy powder residue all over, it seems to shoot very hard. The POI is only a touch lower then CC! stingers - something like a centimeter at 60 yards, and nothing I pointed it at is left alive. It gives similar knock down power to the Stingers.

I looked around on the net and there isn't much info on this round except on Russian forums. The velocity seems to be around 1500fps, but there are other xpediters that are about 1400 fps. The two versions of the round have different bullet weights. I have them both in the stuff he gave me. One lot - the faster ones have silver cases and the slower ones have brass cases. I think he may have had them lying around for years.

I quite like them, but don't know if they are on sale here any more.

Edited by Evilv

I bought some acouple of years ago, they seem to hit seriously hard!

Did they group oK Hot shot?

On the evidence of a few I fired at a target, I had a group of about an inch at 50 yards. Not as good as the eley subs which could be just a ragged hole about a half inch wide on a good day, but OK for 75 yard rabbits anyhow.

The velocity seems to be around 1500fps, but there are other xpediters that are about 1400 fps. The two versions of the round have different bullet weights. I have them both in the stuff he gave me. One lot - the faster ones have silver cases and the slower ones have brass cases. I think he may have had them lying around for years.

I shot off all the silver cased 1500fps ones and got onto the slower brass cased ones. These seem to be about 1400 fps - still hard hitting but with a lower POI. These ones really group well. I shot two half inch groups at 60 yards. I could have covered them both with my thumb nail. Rabbits heads were completely blown apart - just ears hanging on shreds of skull, even on 75 yard young rabbits and I mean half grown types not tiddlers.

I bought some boxes of the above a few years ago. I still have some left. What I can recall is that they seemed to be pretty fast with good knock-down power.

I don't use them now as most of my rimfire shooting is with sub-sonic ammo.

I went into town to re-stock yesterday and they said they'd never had them there. I bought 300 stingers. Really expensive, but they certainly shoot flat and hard.

Have'nt used the Xpeditors, which to be honest I never knew of, but have used Stingers & Velocitors. The Velocitors give me better grouping than the Stingers in my CZ but neither group as tightly as Winnie subs, although good enough out to 80yds no bother. Certainly hit with some punch but noise issues on most of my shoots limits my use.

Regards : drut

Have'nt used the Xpeditors, which to be honest I never knew of, but have used Stingers & Velocitors. The Velocitors give me better grouping than the Stingers in my CZ but neither group as tightly as Winnie subs, although good enough out to 80yds no bother. Certainly hit with some punch but noise issues on most of my shoots limits my use.

Regards : drut

How much are the Velocitors, drut?

Velocitors: Last I bought (fortnight ago) cost me £4.50 for box of 50.

That's a quid a hundred cheaper. I might get some when I've expended the 300 I bought this week. When the rain stops, I'll get out and fire some off. Thanks for the info.