American eagle .223 50 grn HP's

Apparantly these are harder to aquire than Rocking horse poo .If thats the case I'm going to be stuffed for Bisely .All my reloading gear is in storage in a shed whilst the new garage is built .Only have 20 rounds left :oops:

Any where in the midlands stocking any and does the armoury at bisely still supply full metal jackets in this brand .I seem to re call they did'nt do them in Hp's .

Failing that i'll just have to be in the butts all day

Make sure the walkie talkies are all charged :blush:

You can still get them Ive I bought 100 or so just before my FAC went in.

The 'armoury' at Bisley nearly always has 55 grn FMJ's, and if you ask him nicley he may well be able to get 50 grn HP's - they are a target rounds after all. If you stuck let me know and I will see if I can get some more locally for ya :blush:

Well

You know how it is ....Shooting Sunday morning then popping in the pub for a pint afterwards ,striking up a conversation amongst the group and low and behold one of the local RFD's has stated that federal have a huge defence contact to knock out and no more budget ammo in .223 for obvious reasons will be available .....supposedly :oops: OR was it the US goverment have aquired the factory where this calibre is made ,can,t remember .

Anyway one of my shooting buddies can't get his hands on any at all around here so let me know Stuart if this stuff :blush: will be available

Failing that I could always anchor my reloading press to the Kitchen worktop :lol:

Federal landed an multi billion unit deal (can't remember the numbers) to help 'the war on terror' 'tis true, but that was some time ago, and as far as I can tell they are/were available again.

Have a word with Fred James Ive, 01483 797777 ext 134 or try email fred.james@nra.org.uk

http://www.nsc-bisley.co.uk/common/asp/arm...=NSC&type=1

Yes

I read Munglers entertaining description of his day on the running Deer .He must be Jinxed :blush: Would,nt mind another crack at the Boar though .I think open sights is the way forward for that discipline though .

Currently week 9 into a 20 week house extension so been a bit quiet of late and not done much at all recently :oops:

You can still get them Ive I bought 100 or so just before my FAC went in.

The 'armoury' at Bisley nearly always has 55 grn FMJ's, and if you ask him nicley he may well be able to get 50 grn HP's - they are a target rounds after all. If you stuck let me know and I will see if I can get some more locally for ya :P

55g and 62 g are on the latest Armoury price list, £30 and £32 respectively.

Federal landed an multi billion unit deal (can't remember the numbers) to help 'the war on terror' 'tis true, but that was some time ago, and as far as I can tell they are/were available again.

Have a word with Fred James Ive, 01483 797777 ext 134 or try email fred.james@nra.org.uk

Apparently, in the 'War on Terror', the average expenditure of ammunition for a hit is 50,000 rounds. I read somewhere that in WW2 it was 200 rounds for a dead enemy.

Apparently, in the 'War on Terror', the average expenditure of ammunition for a hit is 50,000 rounds. I read somewhere that in WW2 it was 200 rounds for a dead enemy.

How you doing buddy .Not heard from you in years but then again I've been quiet on here over the last several months.

How you doing buddy .Not heard from you in years but then again I've been quiet on here over the last several months.

I'm fine. Just enjoying a glut of rabbits and reawakening my interest in shooting sports.

Methinks not,

In World War II, the United States and its allies expended 25,000 rounds of ammunition to kill a single enemy soldier. In the Korean War, the ammunition expenditure had increased four-fold to 100,000 rounds per soldier; in the Vietnam War, that figure had doubled to 200,000 rounds of ammunition for the death of a single enemy soldier.

Edited by bob300w