Any car dealers on the forum ?

Rapid 17

I do a little bit .

all the best yis yp :P

Hello matey.

Could you please help me with a write off figure ? My ex wife had an rta recently while on holiday in Germany. If the insurers decide to write it off, what sum of money should she hope to receive ?

Her car is an Honda Civic Sport, 1.6i vtec, Vivid Blue Pearl with 17" alloys. Registered July 2005 on an 05 plate. 38,000 miles on the clock and was in very good condition prior to the accident.

Thanks mate.

Geoff. :good:

They will try to give you a book price, usually Glass's as they are tight as a ducks wotsit.

Best thing to do is to look on autotrader for ones that are of similar age and milage and gauge the valuation that way.

According to Parkers:

Honda Civic

1.6i VTEC Sport 3d

2005/05

Average mileage: 30,000 miles

Original Price £13,582

Franchised Dealer £8,560

Independent Dealer £8,170

Private Good £7,470

Private Poor £6,085

Part Exchange £6,770

Edited by BSA Shaun

i work in this field ishh !!!

One major way they ***** car value now is what you can buy one for So if you look on the autotrader web page as they do !!

No im not joking they don't care if your in London and the car in Scotland if theres comparable cars on there for 7k as there was when i looked !

That is where they will start forget dealer price this wont happen its the replacement price that you will get offered and prob £500 less to start with ... you could be lucky and get a good offer dep on the company thats paying out and the salvage value (quite high on this car)

so you may be in luck but i say around 7k keep us posted ....

Assessors usually use Glass's Guide backed up with three internet examples - adjustments made for mileage, extras & condition (some companies use CAP instead of Glass's) :P

Edited by Tam