Injured dog

Yonic

My dog was injured yesterday by a golf ball, He had been playing in the field behind my house retrieving golf balls. The problem arose when he ran in front of me as I was mid swing with a 3 wood. I hit the ball when he was about 6 feet in front of me and the ball hit him square in the eye. He was in the vet's within 40 minutes of it happening and has had a few jab's for pain and inflammation, He seams well in himself but It does seam that he may well of lost his sight in this eye. I know it was a complete accident but I feel so guilty and sorry for him.. Going back to the vet's tonight for some more pain relief , hopefully the vet can have a proper look at the eye tonight as it was swollen shut last night.

Poor chap.

He's currently sat under my desk at work as I needed to keep an eye on him fro 24hrs to be on the safe side.

Cheers Jon :good:

Edited by Yonic

O Yonic Thats bad luck .

I have hit sammy on the head with a hard ball a few times .When out playing. lucky it never seem to have done him no harm.(or that could explain alot about sammy)

You must not blame yourself these things happen.Fingers cross for you that everything will be ok .

Let us know how it gos

xxxxsuzy

Yonic,

Really sorry to hear that, I hope your chap will be ok, and that you get on ok at the Vets today?

He knows you wouldn't have meant to hurt him, and I hope for both your sakes that the eyesight can recover.

Accidents happen though, and my Cairn has taken some tumbles and he's fallen before I could get to him and it's horrible, you feel so sad to see them in pain!

Best wishes & a cuddle to your Doggie, and keep your chin up yourself..

:good:

Well went back to the vet's last night for him to give Murphy some more pain killers and have a better look at the eye. He seamed pleased with how it was looking and said that not give up hope of him keeping his eye and seeing but there is still a chance. He also put some dye in it to check the eyeball to see it there are any scratches to it but it seamed fine, this is good as it reduces the chance of some infection. Basically there are 3 ways it could play out, 1st he recovers and he can see well or with a bit of impairment , 2nd He can't see out of it but the eye isn't giving him and pain, 3rd option is that his eye doesn't recover and is giving him pain which would lead to it being removed. So at the minute it is just figures crossed ideally for option 1 but 2 will do.. Only time is going to tell though.

Cheers Jon

• 3 weeks later...