S410 vs S200

smsguitarist

What makes the AA S410 so much better than the S200 after putting the 10 shot conversion kit on the S200?? Im guessing it's all just slightly better in all the little ways but would like to know where since i can afford the S200 and if the accuracy is within 1 inch at 30 yards and is consistent in power then i will buy it!

Cheers guys,

Lewis

I looked at both of these rifles before upping the cash and going for an HW100K.

From what I can make out the S200 (especially the new one) is a cracking piece of kit for the money. The differences which spring to mind between the S200 and the S410 are: S200 has no safety, doesn't have a proper 2 stage trigger (called a "psuedo 2 stage"), shorter barrel, plastic cocking bolt, is built in the Czech Republic (not saying this is a bad thing), is based on a pistol originally and according to some is not as durable as the S410, less shots per charge, lower quality feel.

However, the S200 is shorter, lighter and a damned sight cheaper for a rifle which is probably just as accurate in the right hands! Over time you can add bits and bobs to bring it up to spec and make it your own rifle... i.e. custom made cocking bolt, trigger upgrade etc. I've seen a nice one with a thumbhole stock too. :good:

S200 for me. Just as accurate, I can put pellet in pellet at about 35-40 yards, weighs nothing, removable air cylinder, so you could carry a couple is you were out for a while, £13ish for a spare mag. What better stuff do you get on a S410? Better trigger, more shots per charge. Well, my S200 is good for about 40 full power shots, and I can't carry that many rabbits anyway.

Edited by Vulcha

im slowly working my way up to PCP, springer, Co2,...ect... but when it comes to it, ill get the 200 first, and then decide on the 410 later. one thing that i would want rid of straight away is the plastic cocking lever.

I looked at both the S200 and the S400 when I was in the market for a PCP. My wife decided to buy it for me, grand lass, but when I showed her the S200 her first remark was 'I don't like THAT!' It was , of course, the two piece stock. I had to agree but I didn't want her spending too much :good: However when I showed her the S400 she said 'That's a lot better!' and duly stumped up the cash for gun, scope, case, silencer and bipod. She even asked me if I was happy with the Beech stock as she didn't want me moaning about how I wish I had ordered the Walnut one afterwards. The moral being - it's all about how you perceive your choice - would you wish you had chosen the other option you were looking at even though they are both as accurate as each other. In my case I HAD no choice, after all I don't want to upset my missus! :good:

Edited by Biffo1262