Making a pigeon magnet speed controller.

Everhopefull

;)

Has any one made a pigeon magnet speed controller?

Mine has just gone kaput, and would be very interested in any info on how to make one without a great expense of money.

:good:

i made one from ford mondeo dimmer switch had it about three years now and still working perfect.

:hmm:

Mine has just gone kaput, and would be very interested in any info on how to make one without a great expense of money.

:yes:

I made a universal one that also controls my lamp. I got a speed controller from Maplins (£15 IIRC) and a project box. Looks the part and will not draw much current from the battery so you don't lose magnet time or lamp time. Could up load some photos?

John

:hmm:

:yes:

I made a universal one that also controls my lamp. I got a speed controller from Maplins (£15 IIRC) and a project box. Looks the part and will not draw much current from the battery so you don't lose magnet time or lamp time. Could up load some photos?

John

What was the kit John?

Just finished the magnet but rund a little to fast.

Phil

:stupid:

:rolleyes:

John

What was the kit John?

Just finished the magnet but rund a little to fast.

Phil

Sorry for the late reply,

The issue you have is current draw, as such if you simply use a resistor then you will use more battery power or just burn out the resistor.

This is the kit I used:

Visit My Website

You may need to change the voltage reg to handle a higher current draw (guy in Maplins will supply you with the right reg if you ask ).

Just pop it in a project box and hey presto you have a high quality speed regulator and a lamp dimmer in one!

Cost is about £20 for a proper job with lighter sockets but you could skimp if need be.

John