what is a gas ram?

tony2

i have had various springers and pcp. but im not sure what a gas ram is so could someone please explain it to me please.

also what advantages does it have only i have a bsa lightning which is very loud spring wise and i was thinking of converting it to gas ram .

thanks tony

A gas ram is a female sexual aid.... :lol:

It is like a normal spring except that when you cock it, gas is compressed rather than a coil of steel. It is not this gas which directly propels the pellet but the air which is compressed when the gas ram releases. Just like a normal springer.... BUT it makes a nice thwack rather than a twang. It is smoother to cock, there is less recoil and lock time is reduced (the time bwteen pulling the trigger and the pellet exiting the barrel) which makes it easier to get an accurate shot - less time to move the rifle etc. Oh, and they are pretty much maintainance free.. and I have one up for sale! Mine is a mint .177 BSA lightening XL. It really makes a difference to this rifle and you end up with a short, light, accurate and powerful air rifle. Damn, I've talked myself into keeping it again :lol:

• 2 weeks later...