which lamp kit to use

Dodgemball

I am a keen rabbit shooter and now that the dark evenings are closing in I want to get a lamp kit. I shoot a CZ varmint .17 Hmr with a 4-14x50 scope fitted and would appriciate some advice on which lamp kits are the best.

I shoot on my own more often than not so I feel a gun mounted lamp would be best for me.

Many Thanks

Dodgemball

For HMR I would suggest you look at a lightforce 140 Lance :stupid:, if you are considering getting a centrefire rifle in the near-ish future you might be better off with a 170 Striker as you'll be saving the cost of buying two lamps. However, if you are sticking to the bunnies and have no interest in foxing etc. then the Lance will be enough lamp for the gun.

I use a Deben Max Pro with my HMR, it more than does the trick for me, Its lightweight, robust and lasts a night lamping on one battery. I know mounting of the Lightforce can be a problem at times so check fitment first, but don't let that put you off, it is as the guys say a very good lamp.