remington 770

roadkill

does any one have any reports / comments good or bad feedback on this rifle model ?

This will be my first 243 and im only going to use it for stalking ....

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms...s/model_770.asp

so if any one owns one of these then could you let me no if they are a good rifle or should i avoid it

cheers roadkill

I have never seen one in any gun shop, it says on the website that this model is new for 2008.

Do you know for sure they export it to the UK?

If I were you I would be looking at a Tikka T3 lite/varmint for about the same money.

ATB

Moses

not sure if they do export i was just shown this today ,

I think i might go for a second hand 243 as i only want it for a stalk every 6 months at the max

also what scope should i be looking at for deer stalking im looking at spending 500 on a scope ?

cheers roadkill

they are absolute garbage dont waste your time both remington and savage produce these cheaply made equiped with a cheap scope package for the north american white trash market if you had the freedom to buy as many rifles as you wanted then sure go ahead for fun sakes but as you guy's are limited to a # then use your fac on something better :lol: go ahead if you realy want but trust me you won't like it :lol: does not even compare to a entry level CZ or Tikka

Edited by jcbruno

they are absolute garbage dont waste your time both remington and savage produce these cheaply made equiped with a cheap scope package for the north american white trash market if you had the freedom to buy as many rifles as you wanted then sure go ahead for fun sakes but as you guy's are limited to a # then use your fac on something better :lol: go ahead if you realy want but trust me you won't like it :lol: does not even compare to a entry level CZ or Tikka

cheers for that mate this is what i like to read before i jump in with both my feet

so the tikka is the one to look out for then ?

any other good second hand 243 makes i should be looking for ? as i said this is only for deer stalking

cheers roadkill

On guntrader at the moment you can get a NEW Tikka T3 lite stainless 243 for £595.

If you want to spend £500 on a scope go for a Swarovski, Zeiss or Schmidt und Bender 8x56 as that is more than enough glass for you.

ATB

Moses

There is a guy on the UkVarminting.com selling a second hand ( only 3/4 month old though) 3-12 x 50 Swarovski for £550. with a No.4 Ret ( an absolute ideal stalking scope) - now that is a bargin , if i hadn't just bought a brand new Bushnell Ellite 6500, i would of had it.

Edited by tulkyuk

I can't fault my Tikka or my CZ. I'd buy one of them instead! The bolt on the Tikka is smoother, but the triggers on both are pretty good. You get a set trigger on the CZ if you want. If you buy used, look for the older Tikka 59? or 69? I think the numbers are. They're very nice too :lol:

well i got a remmington model 7

but it is a bit lively but with it being a light rifle its good to carry all day only cost me £250 was tagged up for £350

but i guess its not a caliber that sells well up here as i never here anyone shooting one were i go

but like the lads say get what makes you comffertable to use they seem to like the tika range maybe worth a look at one

but i can only say i like my remmington model 7

but i guess there is alot of different opinions on different rifles

mind you i got the cz452 in .22 and love it cant fault it at all had it nearly 5 years now with no problems what so ever

maybe the cz version in 243 will be everybit as good as the .22

plus depends on your budget aswell i guess

maybe worth a look on guntrader.co.uk

for a second hand one